Banjo Bowl!

IC Khari

The Riders were in coast mode in the second half and it almost cost them the game.  They lost Durant on a very late hit that wasn't called.  They tried our offensive plan of throwing deep, even though they were running all over us and they had their 2nd string QB in. 

It wasn't a late hit Tom - again, you're off. Proves what you said last week as well (about the non PI call) that you really don't know what you are talking about. 

I heard the whistle live. However, none of the players did. I've seen this kind of thing in the past - usually in the NFL the umpire and referee (as they are the ones close to the LOS) will both wave their hands and blow their whistles if the players continue to play - and if a player (QB usually) is hit when they are doing that, they WILL throw the flag for Unnecessary roughness. 

I heard a whistle but did not see ONE official - and I only heard ONE whistle, until AFTER the hit, then we heard them blowing it again. 

Too bad for Darian - but he kept playing if had just stopped and stood there chances are he'd be trotting off the field with the rest of his teammates. He kept playing, so did the bombers. It wasn't the CFL's fines moment but it was the OFFICIAL's error, not the players, hence no flag.

Late hit - are you smoking crack when you're watching the game?

The Riders were in coast mode in the second half and it almost cost them the game.  They lost Durant on a very late hit that wasn't called.  They tried our offensive plan of throwing deep, even though they were running all over us and they had their 2nd string QB in. 

It wasn't a late hit Tom - again, you're off. Proves what you said last week as well (about the non PI call) that you really don't know what you are talking about. 

I heard the whistle live. However, none of the players did. I've seen this kind of thing in the past - usually in the NFL the umpire and referee (as they are the ones close to the LOS) will both wave their hands and blow their whistles if the players continue to play - and if a player (QB usually) is hit when they are doing that, they WILL throw the flag for Unnecessary roughness. 

I heard a whistle but did not see ONE official - and I only heard ONE whistle, until AFTER the hit, then we heard them blowing it again. 

Too bad for Darian - but he kept playing if had just stopped and stood there chances are he'd be trotting off the field with the rest of his teammates. He kept playing, so did the bombers. It wasn't the CFL's fines moment but it was the OFFICIAL's error, not the players, hence no flag.

The play is dead when the whistle blows.  It doesn't matter who hears it and who doesn't.  Hit the QB after the whistle has blown and it should be a roughing play.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  BTW: It's Terry, not Tom.

blaming the refs is what people who don't understand **** about football do. 

The refs are **** 17. I don't blame them for the loss today. it doesn't make them any less ****.

If you think the refs in the CFL are competent, then you're not as smart as you think you are.

and where did I say that? All I said was blaming the refs for a loss is what people who don't know football do. The refs are ****, but they're **** for everyone. Winning teams still make more plays than their opponents and the Bombers didn't do that today. 

No argument, as long as you're not giving the refs a pass.

The play is dead when the whistle blows.  It doesn't matter who hears it and who doesn't.  Hit the QB after the whistle has blown and it should be a roughing play.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  BTW: It's Terry, not Tom.

But in reality that's not how it works when every guy on the field is going on as if nothing happened.

Um late hit? The play never even started but you can't throw a flag when no one hears the whistle and all the players are continuing to play.

That play never happened.

It clearly does matter. Being a contrarian for the sake of it is OK once in a while, but come on. Even most Rider fans agree it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Um late hit? The play never even started but you can't throw a flag when no one hears the whistle and all the players are continuing to play.

That play never happened.

I'm aware of that...

Only the large majority of the players didn't hear the whistle, and obviously neither did Bradbury or else he would thrown the flag. Not a difficult concept.

I was tempted to say good luck the rest of the way without a quarterback, but I didn't want to stoop down to his level...

Ricky Foley ‏@Foley4Real 1h

Just came back from shopping in Winnipeg & talk is still cheap...Get the brooms out #BanjoBowl #Riders

Yea, I read that and couldn't help but think "stay classy foley.." Then remembered, he is simply incapable of class.. Or being even noticed during a game this season..

Only the large majority of the players didn't hear the whistle, and obviously neither did Bradbury or else he would thrown the flag. Not a difficult concept.

Quite frankly, if we lost Willy on a similar play after the whistle had blown, everyone around here would be rightly blowing a gasket. 

Quite frankly, if we lost Willy on a similar play after the whistle had blown, everyone around here would be rightly blowing a gasket. 

Chamblin can pretend he heard the whistle and you can pretend you did too with that supersonic hearing that the tsn announcers didn't even pick up but fact is.. nobody heard the damn whistle so just give it a rest with the same posts after every game crap. It's getting old 

Chamblin can pretend he heard the whistle and you can pretend you did too with that supersonic hearing that the tsn announcers didn't even pick up but fact is.. nobody heard the damn whistle so just give it a rest with the same posts after every game crap. It's getting old 

I heard the whistle.  Everyone listening to the TV feed should have heard it too.  I was surprised that the TSN guys didn't.  Possibly because they were at the stadium and not listening to the TV feed.  Chamblin heard the whistle because it was on his side of the field.

The crap around here is from the folks who continually complain that the refs are against us.

I heard the whistle.  Everyone listening to the TV feed should have heard it too.  I was surprised that the TSN guys didn't.  Possibly because they were at the stadium and not listening to the TV feed.  Chamblin heard the whistle because it was on his side of the field.

The crap around here is from the folks who continually complain that the refs are against us.

The refs don't have some kind of anti-Bomber agenda.  They make mistakes and miss calls on both sides.  Calls tends to balance out and some teams are more undisciplined then others at times (the Riders, for example, in the first game at IGF).

I was tempted to say good luck the rest of the way without a quarterback, but I didn't want to stoop down to his level...

Ricky Foley ‏@Foley4Real 1h

Just came back from shopping in Winnipeg & talk is still cheap...Get the brooms out #BanjoBowl #Riders

Yea, I read that and couldn't help but think "stay classy foley.." Then remembered, he is simply incapable of class.. Or being even noticed during a game this season..

Free unsolicited advice for Mr. Foley. Start planning for your 'after football future' right now. You'll thank me later. 

I was really surprised there wasn't a major foul or worse called against Turner on that play. A QB gets smoked after the whistle has blown? I figured that was an automatic call.

I guess the officials decided to give him a pass because the only guy who heard the whistle was the guy who was supposed to be blocking Turner.