Depth Chart - Riders @ Bombers

TrueBlue

If Romby is no good, why does Mike O like him? 

also, Kelly had some great plays early in the year. Long pass completions. Everyone loved him for a week or two.

I don't like that Moore is hurt so much, but what can you do about that.

Do you think Kuale is good as well? 

Not many tackles, don't remember seeing him make too many plays, remember him going offside, but I can't   say if he's doing what they want him to do. I guess you can only tell what the coach thinks by who plays, who doesn't play, and by what position players  they bring in. have not brought in a linebacker yet.

Kuale made 1 tackle last game....his mouth made way more.

I just have an AWFUL feeling we're gonna get pumped ugly tomorrow. Last year I was pretty confident SK wouldn't win both games. If we are even close to a normal roster, then I think we win it going away, but with this roster... Terrified.

If Milo shanks a few tomorrow and Sask's ST continues to underperform, we could pull this off...

I do like our OL especially if Knapp stays on the roster as our TE option

Bryant and Kelly need to pick up their game, both seem to be running weak routes - Sask could start bringing TBrack a lot if we don't connect deep early

Finally a 100 yard game for Kohlert?

Knapp will not be on the 44. He's on the reserve together with Cotton. 

I agree that we are at real risk of getting our butts kicked at the Banjo bowl, which ticks me off because I bought tickets a month ago in a fit of irrational optimism. I suspect that Willy's ankle is worse than the club is letting on, but maybe because he is essentially a pocket passer that won't be too bad, but our O-line, receivers and run defence are very suspect. We may get to see one of our backup QBs in the second half, but O'Shea hasn't done anything like that to date, even last game when Willy was dinged up.

It's a sad thought, but Romby Bryant isn't even the worst import receiver on our roster.

Hard to believe that a 6'5 guy can go missing on a football field.

I expect receiver to be one of the main areas we see guys added when the PR expands, even with a few extra imports already around.  We don't really have that big target type, and Kelly sure as hell doesn't play like one even if he should be one.

If Romby is no good, why does Mike O like him? 

also, Kelly had some great plays early in the year. Long pass completions. Everyone loved him for a week or two.

I don't like that Moore is hurt so much, but what can you do about that.

Do you think Kuale is good as well? 

Not many tackles, don't remember seeing him make too many plays, remember him going offside, but I can't   say if he's doing what they want him to do. I guess you can only tell what the coach thinks by who plays, who doesn't play, and by what position players  they bring in. have not brought in a linebacker yet.

Kuale made 1 tackle last game....his mouth made way more.

Looking at the game stats. for last week Willy matched Kuale's number of tackles at one each.  As an added bonus Willy also played QB!

I can't help but wonder where all those loud mouths who were beaking about Kelly being great after game 1 are now... 

Still here! :)   In the early going Willy was spreading the ball around and all of the receivers were looking good, including Kelly.  In the last 5 or 6 games Willy has not demonstrated that ability and tends to concentrate on one receiver per game, probably his primary receiver.  Therein lies the REAL problem with receivers who have not been productive.  Willy seems to be getting half-decent protection from his O-line recently so not sure what is to blame for this change of course.

our good friend Bob discusses some aspects of this in the following report.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/irving-lots-to-shore-up-for-bombers-ahead-of-banjo-bowl

I can't help but wonder where all those loud mouths who were beaking about Kelly being great after game 1 are now...

Still here! :) In the early going Willy was spreading the ball around and all of the receivers were looking good, including Kelly. In the last 5 or 6 games Willy has not demonstrated that ability and tends to concentrate on one receiver per game, probably his primary receiver. Therein lies the REAL problem with receivers who have not been productive. Willy seems to be getting half-decent protection from his O-line recently so not sure what is to blame for this change of course.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/irving-lots-to-shore-up-for-bombers-ahead-of-banjo-bowl

Not spreading the ball, or AK19 can't get open to save his life?

Still here! :)   In the early going Willy was spreading the ball around and all of the receivers were looking good, including Kelly.  In the last 5 or 6 games Willy has not demonstrated that ability and tends to concentrate on one receiver per game, probably his primary receiver.  Therein lies the REAL problem with receivers who have not been productive.  Willy seems to be getting half-decent protection from his O-line recently so not sure what is to blame for this change of course.

If Willy has time and isn't throwing to receivers that means they ain't getting open, which has been the book on Kelly. Guy isn't good enough to get open consistently. Which is a hell of a thing because when you're 6'5 you're always open, that's how useless he's been.

I just have an AWFUL feeling we're gonna get pumped ugly tomorrow. Last year I was pretty confident SK wouldn't win both games. If we are even close to a normal roster, then I think we win it going away, but with this roster... Terrified.

If Milo shanks a few tomorrow and Sask's ST continues to underperform, we could pull this off...

I do like our OL especially if Knapp stays on the roster as our TE option

Bryant and Kelly need to pick up their game, both seem to be running weak routes - Sask could start bringing TBrack a lot if we don't connect deep early

Finally a 100 yard game for Kohlert?

Knapp will not be on the 44. He's on the reserve together with Cotton. 

Didn't realize how tight the ratio is...

If Willy has time and isn't throwing to receivers that means they ain't getting open, which has been the book on Kelly. Guy isn't good enough to get open consistently. Which is a hell of a thing because when you're 6'5 you're always open, that's how useless he's been.

If you recall some of those great catches Kelly made early on he often wasn't open and sometimes in double coverage and he still managed to come up with the ball because Willy placed the ball perfectly.  That's why those catches were so amazing.  I think early in the season Willy had much better ball placement and I wonder if that first injury to his throwing hand wasn't the turning point for the decrease in throwing yards and accuracy.  Romby has been open numerous times and he's not getting the ball either.  Again, read Bob Irving's article and come up with a better explanation for the decreased offencive numbers because scapegoating doesn't work.

If you recall some of those great catches Kelly made early on he often wasn't open and sometimes in double coverage and he still managed to come up with the ball because Willy placed the ball perfectly.  That's why those catches were so amazing.  I think early in the season Willy had much better ball placement and I wonder if that first injury to his throwing hand wasn't the turning point for the decrease in throwing yards and accuracy.  Romby has been open numerous times and he's not getting the ball either.  Again, read Bob Irving's article and come up with a better explanation for the decreased offencive numbers because scapegoating doesn't work.

Very similar argument that early season Kelly would have made that TD catch on Labour Day...  either way, something is 'off' between Kelly and Willy now.

With Romby and Willy it's an easy explanation, those two have horrible chemsitry. Even when the ball goes in that direction qb and receiver are on different pages. That's obvious. As for Kelly, there's scapegoating going on, I am simply looking at a players history and seeing the same things we have seen many times before. Few games where he makes some amazing catches then he pulls the disappearing act. If something has happened in the past and keeps happening then it's safe to say that that's just the way it is.