Josh Gordon in the CFL?

Blitzy

The Gordon situation is not the same as Brazill.  Gordon is under contract and there is no way that the Brown's would risk a 23 year old super star receiver to injury by allowing him to play in the CFL.  Also, the CFL doesn't allow players who are suspended and under contract in the NFL to play here.  Although Brazill is suspended he is a UFA so he can play in the CFL

So if he is released by the Browns will he be eligible to play in the CFL?

Is he a NFL freeagent after this season?

He's signed very cheaply through 2016 (he's doesn't acrue a year toward free agency due to his suspension).  He's not a FA in the NFL until 2017.

Ok, in that case little to no chance the Browns will release him.

Nothing to see here.

Calgary apparently owns his CFL rights.

If they are able to get him, it's an absolute joke. I think the rule should be that they're allowed to play, but you can't just change the rules midstream now. I don't think they will get him but if they do, the CFL is going to have 8 furious teams.

The Browns would have to give permission for Gordon to play in the CFL; they've already said no way no chance.

Calgary apparently owns his CFL rights.

If they are able to get him, it's an absolute joke. I think the rule should be that they're allowed to play, but you can't just change the rules midstream now. I don't think they will get him but if they do, the CFL is going to have 8 furious teams.

The only way this happens - Braley buys the Stamps.

To be fair, this would have to be like the 4th time he tested positive for pot I think.

I'll never understand why the NFL tests for marijuana.  Talk about having their priorities all messed up when a pot smoker gets suspended longer then a drunk driver or a wife beater.  

To be fair, this would have to be like the 4th time he tested positive for pot I think.

Yes the MJ rules in the NFL are pretty ridiculous but if I guy is too dumb to not break the rules 3 or 4 times, a hefty suspension is probably appropriate.... it's kinda like driving 80 on kenaston at bishop at 9pm with no workers present.... no one likes the rule, but you'll still get a $400 ticket if you get caught...

I'll never understand why the NFL tests for marijuana.  Talk about having their priorities all messed up when a pot smoker gets suspended longer then a drunk driver or a wife beater.  

Again, I'm pretty sure the punishment for a DUI or beating your wife as a first offense is more serious than the first marijuana offense.

In fact, I think that after your first positive drug test you don't get punished at all publicly. You're just then "in the system".   All the comparisons of players suspended for drugs for a year with players with DUIs and assault charges are kind of dishonest.  Even though that's all I get when I google "NFL marijuana testing policy".

It's insanity that you can lose a full season for smoking pot. The NFL is too high & mighty in it's quest for purity.

If he'd beaten his wife unconscious to release his stress, he'd be back by week 3.

Especially when you consider the amount of guys who pop dozens of pills daily with phony prescriptions from sycophant physicians...something that is way more harmful and ultimately performance enhancing.