Josh Gordon in the CFL?

Blitzy

Players want to mess with Roger Goodell they'll get suspended. 

That's one tough customer you don't want to screw around with. He'll show you what's up pretty quick, especially when it comes to banned substances.

Hard to feel sorry for multiple offenders like Gordon & Brandon Browner when they know the rules & that they'll be tested more often on & off season because they are repeat offenders. Rules are rules in the NFL. Ya don't mess with Roger. 

A year suspension for pot?  Give me a break.  (And I dont smoke, never have and I dont endorse people doing it either). 

Realistically, a CFL team should be able to sign anyone they want, regardless of suspection.  In the case of having a contract, thats for the lawyers to work out.  I would consider it on a case by case basis.  A guy suspended for pot?  Who cares.  Its legal in some places so how can that even be a suspenstion?  A guy beating up his wife/girlfriend?  Dont want that kind of player anywhere near the CFL.

We can survive without him- we have enough potheads already. You can argue with some justification that the pot suspension length is a joke when beating your girlfriend unconscious in an elevator and then dragging her out gets two freaking games' worth of suspension, but its not as if Josh didn't know or wasn't reminded. He got what he deserved and even the NFL's private police force can't save him this time around.

We can survive without him- we have enough potheads already. You can argue with some justification that the pot suspension length is a joke when beating your girlfriend unconscious in an elevator and then dragging her out gets two freaking games' worth of suspension, but its not as if Josh didn't know or wasn't reminded. He got what he deserved and even the NFL's private police force can't save him this time around.

Stupid is as stupid does. Hello, Brandon Browner & Josh Gordon. You're only fooling with millions of dollars in lost salary or even your careers when you both already know the score... idiots. 

Stupid is as stupid does. Hello, Brandon Browner & Josh Gordon. You're only fooling with millions of dollars in lost salary or even your careers when you both already know the score... idiots. 

Are you hinting that smoking dope affects judgement? If so, we'd better make that public knowledge. :)

Speaking of which, who was that player that beat up his girlfriend in an elevator and was caught on video dragging her out? How long was he suspended?

Ray Rice is suspended for the 1st 2 games of the season

That tells you all you need to know about the nfl

Two games for a vile beating of a woman. A year for pot.

The NFL has always been about thuganomics though as a large number of players come from impoverished gang infested neighbourhoods & single parent families where the dad was never around & if he was he wasn't much of a role model. These guys saw violence their entire life. Some have broken out totally free & made a great life for themselves & family. Others, well the hood never leaves them no matter how much money they make. Had a conversation 2 years ago with a teammate of my son on his junior college team in California. The kid was from Oakland & we struck up a conversation during practice as he was injured & out for the year. He told me about his upbringing & the life he had  growing up. It was unreal. You just don't hear about those things here in Canada. Two stories stood out for me. One was his having to cross two gang territories on his way to school & how **** scared he was everyday for his life. The other his phys ed teacher was being mouthed off by a kid in his class. The phys ed teacher took the kid into the phys ed office where he kicked the living daylights out of the 15 year old & nothing was done to the teacher. Boy was afraid to tell anyone about what his teacher did. They all were. They were afraid of the teacher as he came from the neighbourhood as well.  

He's not recognizable now but wait until Johnny Football and Lebron get their hands on him.

I mean let's be honest, he may be an absolute idiot but he's also an absolutely dominant receiver. That's marketable no matter how many bong rips the guy likes to take.

Are you hinting that smoking dope affects judgement? If so, we'd better make that public knowledge. :)

Between you, me, and the walls I've heard rumours there's legal substances that can have the same effect.... don't tell anyone  ;)

Honestly, if the guy was playing high, I'd understand suspending him but i'd also probably give him a raise cuz Gordon is pretty damn spectacular on a pretty crappy browns team. May be the best not really known receiver in the league. Apparently though The Browns have said he won't be allowed to play in the CFL... so seems  fitting, put that in your pipes and smoke it, Not getting in to the whole weed debate on here, It is what it is, But... I will say that it does less damage to you than the very legalized and very popular alcohol does.  Whatever though. To each their own. 

Heres a question though, Valid in the whole NFL/Weed debate..What if Josh Gordon smoked that weed in Colorado? Or a Bronco smoked some weed and it was done in Colorado? Still suspended? Weed is pretty much legal there. NFL can't suspend a guy for doing something legal, can they? To the NFL it might be a banned substance but to a few states and more to come, It isn't and won't be. NFL bigger than the Governments? 

Gordon, if he could prove that he smoked that weed in a state that has it "legalized", He could win that if he took the NFL to court over his suspension. Would love to see it, cuz it may open a can of worms in the future.. Washington is another state, Blaming Brandon Browner for smoking a legal substance in the state he plays football in? Not sure how anyone could say Browner is dumb when the state he plays football in is one of states that has legalized weed. 

Haven't touched it in a few years but so i could really care less but... What's gonna happen when most the states that have football and sports team legalize weed? Are leagues above state governments? What will happen if New York, the state that most of the sports league have their offices in legalizes it in the future? cuz they probably will. 

However, this is the same NFL who is going to be charging half time acts to play the super bowl so who really knows. 

The issue is not whether it is legal or socially acceptable or medically dangerous. In order for Gordon to play in the NFL, he would have been required to sign off that he would abstain from unauthorized mood and performance altering substances. He did and chose to put the pot ahead of responsibility to his career and his team anyways.

You are not legally forbidden to boink people you serve at your job but if you work in certain fields, that will get you suspended or fired.