Kromah likely to make Bomber debut Friday

Mr. Perfect

One thing to note.. I believe our defensive philosphy is rip n strip then go for tackle... Sometimes that puts the player(s) in horrible positions to wrap up... I like the idea, forces turnovers and all but i think the LBs need to be reeled in a bit on this concept as the first contact goes for strip and RB/REC is already gaining positive yardage.. IF the gang tackle is on, rip away but otherwise just wrap the bleep up and let everything else sort itself out..

According to Doug Brown the fundamentals of football dictate that the first guys job is always to wrap up or contain the ball carrier and the second and third tacklers go for the ball.

One thing to note.. I believe our defensive philosphy is rip n strip then go for tackle... Sometimes that puts the player(s) in horrible positions to wrap up... I like the idea, forces turnovers and all but i think the LBs need to be reeled in a bit on this concept as the first contact goes for strip and RB/REC is already gaining positive yardage.. IF the gang tackle is on, rip away but otherwise just wrap the bleep up and let everything else sort itself out..

According to Doug Brown the fundamentals of football dictate that the first guys job is always to wrap up or contain the ball carrier and the second and third tacklers go for the ball.

Be that as it may... Is etch a fundamentals guy or a crazy idea guy? Me thinks more so the second option. I'm pretty sure he emphasizes turnover opportunities versus fundamentally sound play... Or assumes the players are fundamentally sound and says "go for it.."

Be that as it may... Is etch a fundamentals guy or a crazy idea guy? Me thinks more so the second option. I'm pretty sure he emphasizes turnover opportunities versus fundamentally sound play... Or assumes the players are fundamentally sound and says "go for it.."

You have absolutely no idea if that is true or not! so why say it?

Well for one thing, I see the defense going for strips all game long... And for 2 I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in an interview that forcing turnovers is priority #1 and that means more rip n strip n punch then form tackling...

I think Kuale gets his job back - at least for one game... loyalty.  Just hope there is space for Kromah on the roster to step in

Really wish we would start playing Wild in place of Dunn and rotate Kuale-Kromah...  Wild is just too good not to have on the field for every down

Well for one thing, I see the defense going for strips all game long... And for 2 I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in an interview that forcing turnovers is priority #1 and that means more rip n strip n punch then form tackling...

Actually....it was said after the bombers poor display of tackling...that when the players watched the film they could see they were trying too hard to strip the ball 1st and tackle properly 2nd. That is why you saw a large improvement in the Montreal Game. You still have no idea what Etch does or does not tell them!

Actually....it was said after the bombers poor display of tackling...that when the players watched the film they could see they were trying too hard to strip the ball 1st and tackle properly 2nd. That is why you saw a large improvement in the Montreal Game. You still have no idea what Etch does or does not tell them!

ACTUALLY... from watching the defense all season long, i can hazard a guess because... Yip, you got it park pontiac, they ARE ALWAYS STRIPPING, RIPPING AND PUNCHING AT THE BALL!!!

Did that maybe penetrate? I never once said "etch says this.." I said "its my belief or opinion.." This is a discussion board for opinions about the bombers, is it not? As for the interview, im pretty sure i heard it in week 3 or 4 after shermanator got his second forced fumble in two games..

I think Kuale gets his job back - at least for one game... loyalty. 

I thought this too, but now I'm not sure. O'Shea was very non-commital about who plays between Kromah & Kuale. He said he wouldn't announce it until they're getting on the bus to go. IMO that sounds more promising for the new guy than the guy defending his job.

I think Kuale gets his job back - at least for one game... loyalty. 

I thought this too, but now I'm not sure. O'Shea was very non-committal about who plays between Kromah & Kuale. He said he wouldn't announce it until they're getting on the bus to go. IMO that sounds more promising for the new guy than the guy defending his job.

If O'Shea starts Kuale again, we'd better check what he's been smoking- Kromah was very good last game as were all the linebackers.

Just hazarding a guess, but I doubt Etch makes it this far in football without being able to coach fundamentals.

If the players are going strip-first, you can bet the coaches are trying to coach out of them right now.  Football always comes back to fundamentals.