Stamps @ Bombers -- Gdt -- Game Day: We All Play

Noeller

Wasn't a contradiction at all, for it to be a contradiction i would of also had to have said Calgary is that good, they aren't. We're that bad, right now every team in the league(except Montreal who jsut plain bad right now) would take our defense and spank them like children.

actually Montreal is beginning to show signs of life...

It's a matter of time before SOMEONE good becomes available the closer we get to Ottawa taking players FOR NOTHING.

yet another reason to chop Mack prior to the end of the season. let you new guy (or interim) GM have a shot at getting a QB on the cheap that another team would otherwise lose for zilcho.

no one seems to listen... The Ottawa GM has flat out said that if they are taking a qb in the expansion draft it's going to be someone who is a sure thing otherwise they'd rather not give teams the chance to protect more of their roster players. They seem to think there's a qb who will be a FA they can pick up to be their starter and they've flat out said that's the route they want to explore first and foremost. 

no one seems to listen... The Ottawa GM has flat out said that if they are taking a qb in the expansion draft it's going to be someone who is a sure thing otherwise they'd rather not give teams the chance to protect more of their roster players. They seem to think there's a qb who will be a FA they can pick up to be their starter and they've flat out said that's the route they want to explore first and foremost. 

oh. well Marcel Desjardins would have absolutely no reason whatsoever to employ subterfuge and misdirection so i guess that matter is closed...  :rolleyes:

The GreenBlues... errr... OrangeYellows... errrr.... RedBlacks will take a mix of youth & experience. They'll take a guy first who they think gives them the best chance to win & then a second & third qb. The second being the closest they feel he is to starting & then the best long term developmental guy they can draft. Pretty simple formula.

oh. well Marcel Desjardins would have absolutely no reason whatsoever to employ subterfuge and misdirection so i guess that matter is closed...  :rolleyes:

but it makes sense. IF there's a qb coming up to FA that you think can be your starter you can think you'll get him and then get some rookie prospects anywhere and take other roster players rather than having teams protect more. Yeah if a guy like Ray is left unprotected they'd jump on him, but I don't see them getting all hot and bothered for the backups around the league. 

I think we were all surprised just how good some of the next generation of qbs looked this weekend. I mean, in some ways if these guys are as good as they appear they're going to be then they are better long term starters then some of the guys we have now playing. I think the future of the CFL at the qb position looks bright. Kinda exciting actually.

I think we were all surprised just how good some of the next generation of qbs looked this weekend. I mean, in some ways if these guys are as good as they appear they're going to be then they are better long term starters then some of the guys we have now playing. I think the future of the CFL at the qb position looks bright. Kinda exciting actually.

or was it just guys looking good against poor defenses?

Both Mitchell and Wiley are operating behind two of the best offensive lines in the CFL .. they also have the luxury of having a top running back on their team .. makes a world of a difference when you can keep a young quarterback upright and take pressure off him with a dominating run game.