Some Bulletin Board Fodder...

robynjt

you beat me too it. Those comments are very nice to read cause it tells me that the stamps d-line has no idea what Goltz can do. Much more athletic than Pierce at this point AND much more aware and able to make a decision with the ball (ie. doesn't hold it as long)

Actually... We don't have any idea what Goltz can do. Yet many here are anointing him as the Mesiah. When will we ever learn not to pin our hopes on every 2nd string QB that suits up for our team.

I hope for our sakes that he's the next star QB of the league but really.

Actually... We don't have any idea what Goltz can do. Yet many here are anointing him as the Mesiah. When will we ever learn not to pin our hopes on every 2nd string QB that suits up for our team.

I think you are mistaken in what you think people think Goltz is able to do... No one is claiming him to be the messiah, just that at this point he's more athletic and seems more aware than PIerce... which is not a high bar at all. In fact it's the very definition of setting a low bar. I'll say this too. Bomber fans have a much more realistic expectation of Goltz than Stamps fans do of Bo Levi MItchell. Read a lot of comments from them lately about how awesome it is that they can throw out that many qbs who are good and what not. Bomber fans are simply recognizing that PIerce has been horrendous and see Goltz being able to move better (which is undeniable at this point) and seeming to be able to improvise when things break down better and are hoping he takes the job away. 

Just for the sake of healthy arguing, here are some of the comments from the official forum on the thread about what the expectations for Goltz are.

All I am expecting is to watch a young QB play his first game.

Win or lose, I want to see Goltz get some valuable - and overdue, quite frankly - experience on the field in a real game. Doing that is the only way to see how he will develop, what his strengths/weaknesses are as QB and to begin to assess what his role is with regard to the future of this franchise.

A win to top it all off would be epic.

Hoping to see consistency on offense gets some first downs..move ball a bit, score some points.

Nothing spectacular just consistency

I would like to see a continuation of what we saw against Tor. i.e. the ability to read what's there,

buy a little time by scrambling while continuing to look downfield and

yes, run if he has to. He probably will run a little more than he has to, but not too much, I hope.

I want to see him face what Cal. throws at him and not turtle like some people we know.

I would like to see him follow the game plan but break it off when he sees the opportunity or the need.

Geez, I guess I'm expecting a lot.

I think I'm just looking for someone with potential.  I think it's a given he has the physical tools, so it's more a test of his mental prep.  His lack of experience will show at times (maybe often) but playing smart will show he has some abilities to read defenses and make decisions quickly.  

Not expecting great things, but at least try to avoid the dumb things.  For example, taking a sack or throwing it out of bounds is much better than lobbing it into double-coverage.  We know he'll run, but hopefully he doesn't try it 20 times (that's Simpson's job).

I'm expecting more of what we saw from Goltz during the last game. He's going to roll out under pressure and hit the first guy he sees. I think he'll have a high completion percentage, lots of attempts, but not many yards.

I'm hoping this backs up their LBs and we can get a running game going for once.

Doesn't really seem like anyone is expecting a messiah.

I'm not pinning my hopes on Goltz.. Just more of a anything but buck.. 

What I want to happen is for Goltz to OUt play buck.. so that he becomes the number 1. If he can't then Hall to outplay them both.. If He can't then we really are in trouble.. Goltz doesn't have to outplay buck and take the job, but we have to hope that he can do this by the end of the season so its not " Second Verse, Same as the first" 

Road Griller has been playing that Roughtrade song over and over today. It goes a little Like this "he makes me cream my jeans".

J\k RG...hope your boy plays well tonight and we'll look back on tonight's game as Goltz's coming out party. And we'll celebrate many more victories in the coming years. Maybe a Grey Cup too.

Road Griller has been playing that Roughtrade song over and over today. It goes a little Like this "he makes me cream my jeans".

J\k RG...hope your boy plays well tonight and we'll look back on tonight's game as Goltz's coming out party. And we'll celebrate many more victories in the coming years. Maybe a Grey Cup too.

Before I die I hope to be able to celebrate one Grey Cup victory in front of the statue of Justin Goltz that they'll be erecting in front of Investors Group (China) LLC Inc Field in 2034.  Which will probably be in 2058.

Hey guys, thanks for the props.  I am so pumped for tonight.  I did sleep but was up @ 5ish.  Thinking football.  Thinking Q.B.'s.  Thinking its been a real long time....

We need a big win tonight, after the Als were handed 2 points.

7 straight losses against the Tramp Stamps ends tonight.