The TV Thread

Emmy's were fun last night. They needed to get rid of the DJ and the "Announcer", but for the most part if was really fun. I LOL-ed a few times.... Arnett dragging Kimmel's "passed out" body on to the stage was a pretty solid bit. Great to see Lasso continue their winning ways (a bit surprising...thought Barry was going to have a night) and a bit surprised that Saul didn't do more, but I think next year will be their big year, getting rewarded for this most recent season. I've never seen Squid Game, Hacks or White Lotus, so those wins were all lost on me. Again, for the most part, the Emmy's were fun and got things mostly right in terms of wins. Kenan is a great host. 

There were some parts I didn't mind like the opening dance but (and the unexpected prank call from the Simpsons) and the unexpected Kenan and Kel reunion. Kenan was okay I guess but after watching a few full academy awards shows as well as some Tony awards and emmy awards on youtube, you'd think that hosts would be more involving these days

Oh that reminds me Henry Winkler was hinting that the next season of Barry might be the last

Edited by iHeart

30 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

My son and I saw the original one waaay back in the theatre and went to see the sequel when it came out. Both of us hated it, not just for the plot line that wandered around but mostly because of the painfully loud sound track hammering away in almost every scene. I had a headache afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

My son and I saw the original one waaay back in the theatre and went to see the sequel when it came out. Both of us hated it, not just for the plot line that wandered around but mostly because of the painfully loud sound track hammering away in almost every scene. I had a headache afterwards. 

Actually I thought the background noise of a souped-up import was one of the best parts of the film 🤣 

Not for everyone I guess, unlike Ana de Armas who is for everyone 🥰

Maybe they'll explain how Jared Leto got away with everything! 

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

My favourite show growing up period, reruns still hold up

Loved the first 3 or 4 seasons of M*A*S*H. With Allan Alda, MacLean Stevenson, Loretta Switt, Larry Linville, Wayne Rodgers, Jamie Farrr & Gary Burghoff. Those early episodes were hilarious. When Stevenson left the series, it became preachy. 

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Brendan Gleeson holy fock.

yeah I have not heard of him, apparently he's from this film (The Banshees of Inisherin)

people were really pushing for Carol Burnett and Tom Cruise to host (yeah I'm shocked he's never hosted either, I know two of his ex-wives have, did Mimi Rogers ever host?)

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Curious if anyone else is watching (or has at least recorded) Ken Burns' latest - America And The Holocaust.

As always, amazing, educational and thought-provoking.  

Watched first episode was very good. Anything Ken Burns does I watch I am sucker for his style of documentary.