The TV Thread

Another upcoming reboot:

According to Deadline, Fox has given a pilot production commitment to "The Greatest American Hero," a single-camera comedy inspired by Steven J. Cannell’s 80's cult classic. Its written by "Dope" screenwriter/director Rick Famuyiwa,  and will be produced by Phil Lord & Chris Miller–  the directing duo behind the "LEGO Movie." 

The original sci-fi dramedy series, created by producer Stephen J. Cannell, premiered as a two-hour pilot movie on ABC in 1981. The series featured William Katt as teacher Ralph Hinkley, Robert Culp as FBI agent Bill Maxwell, and Connie Sellecca as lawyer Pam Davidson.

The series chronicles Ralph's adventures after a group of aliens gives him a red suit that grants him superhuman abilities. Unfortunately for Ralph, who hates wearing the suit, he immediately loses its instruction booklet, and thus has to learn how to use its powers by trial and error, often with comical results.

The new sereis is more like a reboot as the premise is still the same, which the site describes:

Greatest American Hero is the story of what happens when great power is not met with great responsibility. An ordinary man, completely content with being average, wakes up with a superpower suit he never asked for and has to deal with the complications it brings his life.

****I remember watching this with my parents but only vaguly as I was quite young.  One thing is for certain, they must keep the intro song which some of you even younger peeps will remember as being spoofed on Seinfeld when George used it for his answering machine message.

ok i tried to watch supergirl twice tonight couldnt make it longer then 10-15 mins each time. not for me.  That Last Kingdom is pretty good, first 2 episodes had some good humor,  episodes 3-4 much deeper story.  I guess saturday is its broadcast day for new episodes?

American Horror Story is shaping up pretty nicely just binge watched seasons one and two (Murder House and Asylum)  I might skip season 3 (Coven) cuz i caught a couple episodes when it was being broadcast after Sons of Anarchy. If someones seen it is it worth watching? I know im not a big Kathy Bates fan.  Im thinking ill skip to Freakshow and see how that is first.

I cant remember where i saw it recently but I saw some rumors of a Breaking Bad season 6?  anyone heard anything on that?

ok i tried to watch supergirl twice tonight couldnt make it longer then 10-15 mins each time. not for me.  That Last Kingdom is pretty good, first 2 episodes had some good humor,  episodes 3-4 much deeper story.  I guess saturday is its broadcast day for new episodes?

American Horror Story is shaping up pretty nicely just binge watched seasons one and two (Murder House and Asylum)  I might skip season 3 (Coven) cuz i caught a couple episodes when it was being broadcast after Sons of Anarchy. If someones seen it is it worth watching? I know im not a big Kathy Bates fan.  Im thinking ill skip to Freakshow and see how that is first.

I cant remember where i saw it recently but I saw some rumors of a Breaking Bad season 6?  anyone heard anything on that?

Not every show is for everyone.  I can't watch Game of Thrones.  Which is odd since I love all of that mid-evil stuff, D&D and what not.

Not every show is for everyone.  I can't watch Game of Thrones.  Which is odd since I love all of that mid-evil stuff, D&D and what not.

I hate fantasy and Lord of the Rings stuff but I love Game of Thrones.  It might be the violence and nudity.  lol  Although the trend to kill off main characters for chock value is not endearing me... (same goes with Walking Dead)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2oyksr

Super Girl, in a nutshell.....

Pfff...no it's not.  I liked the first episode.  A couple of things I didn't like but overall I thought it was good.  I like variety.  Plus she's hot.  We'll see how it goes, it's only been one episode...well 2 now but I haven't seen the second one yet.

as i mercifully attempted supergirl for the 3rd week, once again couldnt be bothered to keep an attention span longer then 15 mins (i was watching on xbmc this time so no commercials too) I was however told to give the flash a try.  Ive had my hesistation on it to date, but mostly because I couldnt imagine how captivating a series it would be when super speed is needed to solve problem after problem without getting old quick.  I caved and tried episode 1 today, was pretty good, might be something i can get behind

after 10 episodes of the flash, I have concluded 1. it has to be sponsored by coffee and science. and 2. while its not a bad show,the last 3 mins of each show is really what makes the next episode must see. clever

If you do not think every episode of the Flash is totally awesome, then I can no longer buy into any of your critiques of any show.  BEGONE FROM MY PRESENCE!

969e13b8919fba3e0ce91a50babffb6c.jpg

Gotham has great camera/lighting/cinematography, sets, costumes, characters, actors,

very creepy characters, who I find quite realistic, (Gordon's ex fiance gave me the full willies.... good actress)

really good program but hard to watch due to extreme violence.

Penguin... total lunatic. well portrayed.

Gordon's partner is outstanding, so is the actor playing Gordon, who is just a smidge on the right side of sane himself. (character)

Gordon's girl friend... actress Morena Bacarin, played the leader of the aliens in "V" a few years ago. which was also a good program.

Longmire is good too also on netflix, but again really dark.

Lol I said it wasnt bad, thats a pretty good compliment from me :P kinda feels like its popular mechanics for adults at times, but still enjoying the show. I dont know how eager id be to see what happens next if it wasnt for the last few minutes of each episode. Like the episode has a clean finish then they dangle something. Kind of like izombie having a brief but more captivating secondary story each week

** i've watched a lot of Marvel movies I kinda knew wouldnt be the **** mcgee, solely for the little glimpse during the credits of, at the time(s) avengers build up and even after infinity stone saga. I think DC's trying to emulate that same magic but with tv

Gotham has great camera/lighting/cinematography, sets, costumes, characters, actors,

very creepy characters, who I find quite realistic, (Gordon's ex fiance gave me the full willies.... good actress)

Gordon's partner is outstanding, so is the actor playing Gordon, who is just a smidge on the right side of sane himself. (character)

Gordon's girl friend... actress Morena Bacarin, played the leader of the aliens in "V" a few years ago. which was also a good program.

Agreed. The girlfriend has a tough time with some of the graphic violence in this. It can definitely be dark sometimes. Have been a big Donal Logue (Bullock) fan since his arc started on Law and Order: SVU and Ben McKenzie since the OC days. Both really great actors. The kid playing Cobblepot should be getting Emmy nom's....he's been outstanding from Day 1.

I gotta think pending a justice league movie success were bound for an occasional justice league spin off show on a few of these series like flash, arrow, gotham (eventually). I think wonder woman series would have been better then what supergirls been

Not sure if you know this, but the DC movies and TV shows are separate universes.  When they make a Flash movie it's going to be a different actor playing Flash.  It's not like Agents of Shield and the Marvel movies where it's all the same universe.

We're not even sure if Supergirl is in the same universe as Flash and Arrow.  So far in TV land, Arrow, Flash and the Legends of Tomorrow (hasn't aired yet) are the only 3 shows that co-exist with each other.

Agreed. The girlfriend has a tough time with some of the graphic violence in this. It can definitely be dark sometimes. Have been a big Donal Logue (Bullock) fan since his arc started on Law and Order: SVU and Ben McKenzie since the OC days. Both really great actors. The kid playing Cobblepot should be getting Emmy nom's....he's been outstanding from Day 1.

I love Logue.  I remember first seeing him in Blade back in the 90's.

right..... Donal Logue.... Canadian actor. 

.he's been outstanding from Day 1.

I agree.... Penguin should be winning some things. amazing acting. from smarmy devious schemer,  to violent psychotic in the blink of an eye.

saw an interview of him on "innerspace".... very nice guy, down to earth, and grateful for this success.

I like the extreme closeups of the faces, basically black and white.... in moments of intensity, reminds of a living version of a **** Tracy comic.