The TV Thread

On 2024-04-11 at 8:16 PM, MOBomberFan said:

Fallout on Amazon was great. The props, sets, costumes and effects were incredibly detailed and almost totally faithful to the aesthetic of the video games that inspired the show. The gore is intentionally silly without spoiling the action, the doe eyed 'Ned Flanders in the Apocalypse' protagonist bit never wears thin, plenty of comedic actors like Johnny Pemberton, Michael Rapaport, Chris Parnell and others filling out the side-cast and keeping the wasteland fun and wacky like it's meant to be. Between this and The Righteous Gemstones I'm becoming a Walton Goggins fan

Goggins was great in Vice Principals too.

I still have to watch the newest season of Gemstones, but my goodness Goggins is incredible as Baby Billy. When his baby mama tracks him down at that mall he's preaching at and he tries to drive away without them seeing him.... few times I have laughed harder than that scene. 

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Camryn Manheim to Exit ‘Law & Order’ After Season 23 

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/camryn-manheim-exits-law-and-order-season-23-1235998727/

I'm sure she's as sick of all the ******* forced exposition as everyone else.... Every time I see poor Dean Norris in Organized Crime I'm like "this poor bastard was in Breaking Bad and now it's down to this....?"

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm sure she's as sick of all the ******* forced exposition as everyone else.... Every time I see poor Dean Norris in Organized Crime I'm like "this poor bastard was in Breaking Bad and now it's down to this....?"

I realize its used for the viewers to understand whats happening but I hated her role in the show. Does she really need to tell the detectives what to do next?

If I was one of them I would say thanks but I know how to do my f'n job.

9 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I realize its used for the viewers to understand whats happening but I hated her role in the show. Does she really need to tell the detectives what to do next?

If I was one of them I would say thanks but I know how to do my f'n job.

It's so frustrating how they play to the lowest common denominator. Always beating you over the head instead of letting you figure it out for yourself. I get that's what network TV is but it's increasingly difficult with the advent of quality prestige streaming.