Rookie Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)

Mike

When was the last time Marve played? He's coming off big injury and off field issues.

The team traded for Brohm and they hired Danny McManus to scout for the team and you don't think he may have had a word about the guy since he saw him in Hamilton?

I take much more weight in that then a fan seeing a guy throw the ball hard a few times in practice lol.

Marve can make 3rd string but for now he is 4th on the depth chart and that won't change until pre season games are played.

I'm having a hard time following your point.

They traded for Brohm. So? They signed Marve too. There's obviously interest in both of them.

And now you seem to be backing off your solid stance a bit. You're opening up to the possibility. That's good. But I'm just having a hard time seeing where you really stand.

At this point in time (which is day 2)  Brohm is fighting for #2 while Marve is fighting to climb to #3.     Until they actually play in game (pre season or maybe even reg season) you can't suggest that right now Marve is battling to over take Hall.    Make sense?

I sure hope to hell Marve has zero problems with his injuries and he becomes the 2nd coming of Ricky Ray / Doug Flutie  but you gotta keep it real... it's day two of practice. Have to lower those expectations of him.  

Also it's hard to take what any fans says as the truth... on here some people said Willy was garbage ,  on the other place Willy looked outstanding.   Only the coaching staff will really know.

Even during pre season it's hard to judge the guys because it really depends on who they are playing against in pre season.    

It does seem some people to have a preconceived hate on for a certain guy so some of their reports are going to be a  bit biased i guess you can say but... 

they are there, you are not, i am not... gotta take there word for it, none of the people on here are experts, some pretend to be, but none really are.. yourself included brandon.

For you to say that marve isn't fighting for the #2 spot is bullcrap... he certainly is. We all know willy is the starter but that backup spot is wide open. 

Why you pretending that hall actually proved anything last year? or that brohm is any better? because why? because you say so? Bet your butt that if marve shows better than hall and brohm then he is indeed the backup. 

This idea that he isn't fighting for the backup spot is a load of crap... they are all fighting for the backup spot, willy is the starter. That's all we know, the backup spot is certainly wide open for the taking.

It'd be hard to argue that with what Hall showed, in limited time, under trying circumstances last year, that he isn't the shoe-in back up QB…until further notice.

Despite the blue-pill effect of the strong armed Marve and Brohm, they still have to prove where to turn at the snap of the ball.

Willy and Hall..then we'll see.

I wasn't the biggest Hall fan,  but in fairness we had zero o-line , an awful awful head coach,  a jerry rigged gameplan on offense and yet he still managed to play decently.  

My only concern on Hall is his arm strength....   his other attributes are quite solid.     

Plus I always think the team should have at least 1 veteran qb at 2nd or 3rd string and Hall should fit that role quite nicely.   Glenn of course would of been better  but with the options out there I think Hall is the best bet (next to Smokin Joey Elliott!!)

the point is you can have all the credentials in the world but if you don't show up on the field it means nothing.... If Marve shows much better than Hall and Brohm then I'd have no objection to him being #2

This is based on one practice.

How many times we see a guy look solid in practice only to stink in game time.

They have a lot more time looking at Brohm and if they didn't like him they wouldn't of traded for him.

Marve only makes third string if he plays fantastic in the pre season games and Brohm shits the bed.

No way Hall loses backup to Marve unless he gets hurt.

The team isn't going to go with zero experience at back up.

I'm willing to put money on that.

Marve is the project guy who will only see the field in the reg season if we get injuries or we are killing a team or being hammered.

I don't disagree with you but I was just supporting the other poster who said guys will earn time based solely on play, not past credentials.... especially at QB... I also think Marve would have to be beyond fantastic to beat out Hall.... but if he consistently plays better than Brohm over the next 3 weeks, he may be in line for the 3rd string spot...

At this point in time (which is day 2)  Brohm is fighting for #2 while Marve is fighting to climb to #3.

There is only one person on the planet who sees it that way, and I wish him a great weekend.

As a Packers fan I still associate some warm fuzzy feelings with Brohm.  He probably had a locker right next to Rodgers.  That makes him back-up dreamy, right?

He makes the team, great.  Marve makes the team, great.  Probably both will stick somewhere on the roster, carrying 4 QBs is the new normal in the CFL.  Everyone here is fine with either.  Everyone here minus one person is also aware that both are on equal footing right now and to put it in the terminology you're using, fighting for the #3 spot.

You are placing high levels of importance on things that have minimal relevance.