I Like Goltz ...

IC Khari

We don't have a 4th QB???  I had just assumed that Clements signed on to the PR...  wow, bad move - everyone knew/knows Buck would get hurt.

I'm trying to still like Burke but maybe he should stop cutting guys - like Elliott and Hefney - just because he doesn't 'like' them.  Sure could use both of them now.

Our next GM will probably have to give up a 1st rounder for Elliott... ha

I read Burke's postgame comments online this morning and thought his assessment of Goltz was fairly accurate.  Now all I want to know is how bad Pierce's injury is.  Paper said he was pulled because of injury and not performance.  I was thinking it was a combination of the two.  Hopefully Burke uses the injury as an excuse to move on but if they're telling the whole truth and the injury was the only thing that kept Pierce out...

/more rage

He was not better than Buck yesterday.

Nobody cares if he's better or not in the immediate future, we're all thinking  15-16 games down the road here. I can tell already you'd be a brutal chess player. Actually, even without a long term look at it, Goltz is 1000x times athlete, and I'd say at bare minimum he played just as well or better than Buck last game.

IDIOT

Also all this makes me wonder, who is paying Burke and how much are they paying him to screw us over?

Just the fact that he could run, throw on the run and could make plays to secondary reads, says that he is at least a viable option to what Buck presented.

And he didn't have too leave the game...so wait, he was better than Buck yesterday.

Ya definitely...Goltz only threw for 41 more yards (on only one more attempt), posted a higher completion percentage, didn't turn the ball over (compared to a game-changing interception), managed to avoid the blitz and showed more pocket composure than Buck.

The situations were different to be sure, but even taking that into account, to pretend Goltz was "not better than Buck yesterday" is one heckuva troll job.

Bombers aren't sure if Buck will be healthy enough to go this week but even after that here's this great nugget...

From the Freep just now:

"You know what? Everybody clamours for the backup quarterback," said Burke.

Asked if he still felt Pierce gives his team the best chance to win, Burke replied: "At this point, yes."

Insane.

More fun: 

"He’s just got to try not to win the game all himself. And I think when he threw that intercept, that was trying to do too much, instead of just throwing the ball underneath or throw it out of bounds or just run it," said Burke.

"He was in a good rhythmn. And I just think if he can keep doing that, then he’s the guy to be playing."

He was in a good rhythm for the first drive of the game then slowly dropped off and then hit his wall again in the second quarter.

More fun: 

He was in a good rhythm for the first drive of the game then slowly dropped off and then hit his wall again in the second quarter.

just blows my mind how selective that guy is when looking at pierce. Pierce is crap in the hamilton game but hangs onto the 2 good drives he had and throws every other players slighest mistakes out there... Goltz looks solid but says he didn't do some things well. Pierce does his usual thing which includes a lot of crap and it's best qb blah blah blah postive postive postive. If Burke were able to assess Pierce with the same critical eye he uses on everyone else this team would be a lot further ahead.

I rewatched the game last night,  Goltz was pretty damn shakey and looked like a guy with only 14 attempted passes in his career.    That being said he did show some upside and the ability to throw a deep ball, scramble and the ability to actually hit a guy in stride and/or on the chest.   The upside to Goltz is way higher then Pierce at this point so why not put him in.  

I think Goltz will struggle mightily but hell at least he can throw a bomb and use his feet to buy time and at least the receivers have a chance to catch the ball without making circus like jumps. 

I rewatched the game last night,  Goltz was pretty damn shakey and looked like a guy with only 14 attempted passes in his career.    That being said he did show some upside and the ability to throw a deep ball, scramble and the ability to actually hit a guy in stride and/or on the chest.   The upside to Goltz is way higher then Pierce at this point so why not put him in.  

I think Goltz will struggle mightily but hell at least he can throw a bomb and use his feet to buy time and at least the receivers have a chance to catch the ball without making circus like jumps. 

Interesting.  Honestly on my rewatch today I thought Goltz looked better than I thought he did yesterday. 

Could we seriously move on from Elliott ?

I understand the angst against Buck and all, but Elliott is gone and not coming back, and if he was so great why is he only the 3rd QB in BC ?

From the media talk it seems like he's only keeping that spot warm for Hart.

Could we seriously move on from Elliott ?

no because the decision to keep buck and dump Elliott is going to be a big one in determining the fate of the guys running this team if none of the other qbs step up. So until one of them makes us all forget up Elliott it is going to be deservedly brought up. They chose to release him, so it's still a relevant topic given how much of a sore spot the qb position has been.

Bombers aren't sure if Buck will be healthy enough to go this week but even after that here's this great nugget...

From the Freep just now:

Insane.

Yeah, that was pulled from the interview after the game.  You can watch it here:

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/86573?autostart=true

And you know what, when Goltz was on camera, he acted really professional.  I'm liking this guy more and more, and I've only watched him play for a little more then a quarter.