Officials to be made available after games?

This is a bad idea because all the answers will be the same.

"From our point of view, it was the right call.  I haven't seen the film yet.  We trust our guys on the field to get it right."

Over, and over, and over again.

Exactly.  It would be a little naive to think they would say anything much else than that. 

it'll turn into a sideshow if there's an iffy call in a game. Press will be looking to skewer the poor officials. Those guys have a hard enough job as is, let them avoid the spotlight and scrutiny from the media and public. They should be answerable to the league no one else. Otherwise you get them thinking about having to answer questions to the media after the game before they make any calls. 

I blame Selinger.

Adler warned us this would happen.

Right up to when Bob Irving strolled in the CJOB studios and taped his mouth shut, with taxpayer-paid duct tape. (It's the same tape they'll have to use to hold up the failed side of IG Field)

I'd call some of the other reporters to cover this, but it's hard for them to report anything from Miller's pocket.

Have I got all of it Nate?

Its all an Illuminati/New World Order/Left-wing/Fascist/Communist/satanic plot to make sure that the Bombers never have a dull moment. If only we had a benevolent dictator to sort out all the problems so that we could all live happily ever after.

"I don't recall the exact play"

That's what 99% of the answers will be.  They've done this with baseball umpires, but the pace of that sport is such that an umpire will actually remember exact calls.  Can't see it being much use in football or hockey, unless they are going to give them access to replays.

The officiating in the CFL sucks, by far the worst of any sport I have ever watched.

Not sure putting these guys in front of the mic would make the fans feel more confident in the quality of refs we have.  Having them bumble around the field is one thing, having them bumble around the mic after could turn into a complete clownshow. 

Like the ref that was standing right there watching our QB (Brink?) take the crown of a helmet right to the chin.  The replay shows the bozo looking right at it.  What is he going to say?  I didn't see it?  I did not think it was that bad?   My wrist was sore from flagging the Bombers all afternoon?  

It is best to keep trying to ignore the whole situation imo.

The officiating in the CFL sucks, by far the worst of any sport I have ever watched.

Not sure putting these guys in front of the mic would make the fans feel more confident in the quality of refs we have.  Having them bumble around the field is one thing, having them bumble around the mic after could turn into a complete clownshow. 

Like the ref that was standing right there watching our QB (Brink?) take the crown of a helmet right to the chin.  The replay shows the bozo looking right at it.  What is he going to say?  I didn't see it?  I did not think it was that bad?   My wrist was sore from flagging the Bombers all afternoon?  

Officiating isn't much better in most other sports. Cite: Rappers playoff game today. NFL SanFran vs Seattle this past January. Plenty of bad officiating to go around.

As for the proposal, I'd suggest that the main media isn't suitable, but an interview between the director of officiating or a well trained interviewer and the game crew designed to better explain the rules could have some merit.

Its all an Illuminati/New World Order/Left-wing/Fascist/Communist/satanic plot to make sure that the Bombers never have a dull moment. If only we had a benevolent dictator to sort out all the problems so that we could all live happily ever after.

As a communist satanist, I take offence to that.

I DO think this may be helpful when the average fan has no idea about the actual rules. 

The problem might be the media has no idea about the rules also, the refs would have to explain to the friesens of the world what the rules actually are first. 

But they would have to use small words and lots of pictures.

I DO think this may be helpful when the average fan has no idea about the actual rules.

The problem might be the media has no idea about the rules also, the refs would have to explain to the friesens of the world what the rules actually are first.

But they would have to use small words and lots of pictures.

And wear very revealing outfits.

Not sure putting these guys in front of the mic would make the fans feel more confident in the quality of refs we have. Having them bumble around the field is one thing, having them bumble around the mic after could turn into a complete clownshow.

Like the ref that was standing right there watching our QB (Brink?) take the crown of a helmet right to the chin. The replay shows the bozo looking right at it. What is he going to say? I didn't see it? I did not think it was that bad? My wrist was sore from flagging the Bombers all afternoon?

Officiating isn't much better in most other sports. Cite: Rappers playoff game today. NFL SanFran vs Seattle this past January. Plenty of bad officiating to go around.

As for the proposal, I'd suggest that the main media isn't suitable, but an interview between the director of officiating or a well trained interviewer and the game crew designed to better explain the rules could have some merit.

Omgz, you watch the raps? But, no one watches the raps outside of toronto if you believe whats said 'round here :D i agree tho, wow that was embarrassing by nba ref standards..

Not sure putting these guys in front of the mic would make the fans feel more confident in the quality of refs we have. Having them bumble around the field is one thing, having them bumble around the mic after could turn into a complete clownshow.

Like the ref that was standing right there watching our QB (Brink?) take the crown of a helmet right to the chin. The replay shows the bozo looking right at it. What is he going to say? I didn't see it? I did not think it was that bad? My wrist was sore from flagging the Bombers all afternoon?

Omgz, you watch the raps? But, no one watches the raps outside of toronto if you believe whats said 'round here :D i agree tho, wow that was embarrassing by nba ref standards..

Obvious that the league since the refs obviously do what the league tells them wanted New York vs Miami for sure. The reffing was garbage, in the end tho, the raps had a chance to win and didnt do it though. Too bad but, you're right ;) nobody watches it. :P 

You guys are nobodys. ;)

LOL sure am. I'll be the first to admit though that was the only raptors game i watched all year and really only basketball game from basically start to finish. I have watched other games, the clippers are fun to watch but.... i never ever watch a full game, i did yesterday  for the first time ever lol