Walters at 1pm

Floyd

I'm OK with targeting a center (we really need one) with number two overall. I'm also OK if it turns out to be Goosen, even though he's down to number 9 on the draft ratings because he's played the position. Picking the best available player may be the way to go most years but we need a guy to groom at that position who's played it before. Taking guards who are almost finished on our line and putting them at center is not a pattern for success IMO. The last center we plugged in from the draft that actually WAS a center Dominic Picard, turned out to be a pretty good player at that position (too bad we hadn't of been able to keep him). 

if Lavertu is picked #1 overall (by RedBlacks) and the Bombers are sure they want Goosen...

they can actually trade the #2 for the #4 (Als) or #5 (Lions) spot and get an additional late pick

Depends on how the other teams have actually evaluated the players. Who's to say someone other than the Bombers doesn't want Goosen either? 

Not sure how I feel about what appears to be direct honesty in the media from Walters.  It seems like we're providing perfect information to Ottawa and the teams behind us about our plans.  If Ottawa chooses Lavertu, and if we did intend on trying to trade down to grab Goossen and another pick; if would seem Walters' comments are painting us into a corner.

To me... it's potentially a loss of negotiating power at the draft.  Walters could have me fooled here into thinking this way when it's really a smokescreen, but I just don't think that it is.

I think its been obvious all off season that we were targeting a center olineman. Im not sure why anyone (one guy) would be surprised by this. We all know it. We have known it for a long time. This isnt the first time walters has mentioned wanting a center either. 

Not sure how I feel about what appears to be direct honesty in the media from Walters.  It seems like we're providing perfect information to Ottawa and the teams behind us about our plans.  If Ottawa chooses Lavertu, and if we did intend on trying to trade down to grab Goossen and another pick; if would seem Walters' comments are painting us into a corner.

To me... it's potentially a loss of negotiating power at the draft.  Walters could have me fooled here into thinking this way when it's really a smokescreen, but I just don't think that it is.

We can't worry about other teams though.

In fact, this helps us determine to what degree we go after these guys.

Maybe this will determine whether we do trade down…although I highly doubt that.

This first pick is huge and I applaud them for gathering all the info. necessary to help make, what could be, a long term player/pick.

Goossen looks to have the aggressiveness, size and strength to be a good center, but since the center calls the blocking schemes, I hope he has the coachability and smarts as well. This is pure fantasy, but if Goossen turns out to be a decent starting center, and both Neufeld and Pencer step up, our O-line's woes should be a thing of the past. Greaves is not an all-star but good enough and it shouldn't be too hard to find (or keep) a solid left tackle from the pool of import talent.

I liked this one...  I wouldn't say he's tipping his hat at all - I mean we don't have a Centre on the roster and the whole league would have known we were working out Goossen and Lavertu anyway...  I kind of feel like he's announcing his trade intentions a bit more publicly - as in, if Lavertu is gone, Bombers are probably open to trade down in the first round if someone really wants Quinn Smith such as BC or even Montreal...

Straight up I don't think Walters has any interest in risking not being able to take someone who could potentially start at center in this draft.

That means we don't trade down if Lavertu is taken 1st since we could trade into 5th and have whomever we traded with take Goosen anyways (or someone behind them)

More likely, that we DO trade down if Lavertu is taken first....  I'm sure he's dangling 2nd and 20th for 5th and 12th (BC) or 4th and 13th (Mtl) - any of Goossen, Gill and Coombs will be around

I still think if Tchissakid Player slips to 20th, that would be the steal of the draft

short video about a minute 20 seconds long on the sun site. not much said tho. basically what was said here really already.

I highly doubt we trade down, actually... its highly unlikely teams would trade up with us... it makes no sense for them too.

everyone and their mother knows we need a center... why would montreal or bc gives us 2 picks for 2 picks from us. They are gaining nothing.

Pretty apparent ottawa takes lavertu or smith, pretty obvious wpg takes lavertu or goosen, edmonton will take one of goosen or foucault, montreal will take bailey.. bc will take a DL (whether that be smith or gill)

There is no need for those teams to move up 2 spots really... and dont forget, ottawa could take lavertu, we could trade our pick and then that team or edmonton could take the other center. Leaving us pretty much out of luck. We will take a center, its painfully obvious. Its lavertu or goosen. Mark it down boys, thats who it will be.