Walters at 1pm

Floyd

Rankings are not everything but they are not 'meaningless' - these are pretty experienced football guys putting them together.

All the GMs pretty much followed them last year except for Popp and Sleepy Joe.

Rankings are not everything but they are not 'meaningless' - these are pretty experienced football guys putting them together.

Last year you were quite vocal about wanting us to draft number 10 ranked Mike Edem second overall, but this year number 9 ranked Goossen isn't good enough for second overall. I think you're just picking and choosing when you want to believe the rankings and when you don't.

Last year you were quite vocal about wanting us to draft number 10 ranked Mike Edem second overall, but this year number 9 ranked Goossen isn't good enough for second overall. I think you're just picking and choosing when you want to believe the rankings and when you don't.

No, I just mean that the top 15 guys are pretty much the top 15 guys in the draft...  if anything, I wish the grading would include NFL potential.

Edem was by far the best talent at his position last year...  this year, the best talents are Lavertu, Coombs, Smith, Bailey, Gill... these are as close you get to sure things in a draft. after that, things kind of drop off

I would still pick Coombs but it doesn't appear to be in the cards.  So, its either Lavertu or Smith or trade down to 5 and 12 - that type of thing

There should be a good o-lineman available at 20th... Tchissakid Player, Terry Hart...?  We seem to be forgetting that we have players that can step into Centre position and read a CFL defence as well as Goossen.  Morely probably would be a better Centre than a guard and, well, anything is an upgrade from Sorenson.

No, I just mean that the top 15 guys are pretty much the top 15 guys in the draft...  if anything, I wish the grading would include NFL potential.

Edem was by far the best talent at his position last year...  this year, the best talents are Lavertu, Coombs, Smith, Bailey, Gill... these are as close you get to sure things in a draft. after that, things kind of drop off

I would still pick Coombs but it doesn't appear to be in the cards.  So, its either Lavertu or Smith or trade down to 5 and 12 - that type of thing

There should be a good o-lineman available at 20th... Tchissakid Player, Terry Hart...?  We seem to be forgetting that we have players that can step into Centre position and read a CFL defence as well as Goossen.  Morely probably would be a better Centre than a guard and, well, anything is an upgrade from Sorenson.

I'm just curious ... how much CIS do you watch? Maybe we could get a CIS discussion thread going next season.

You know what, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying.  I'd move Morley to Centre and draft Evan Gill or Quinn Smith to help out on defence, rather than gamble on the #2 pick becoming our starting centre.  But what I'm saying is that IF they truly believe that Goossen can step in and be our starting centre, then the scouting bureau rankings really shouldn't matter... a starting centre is worth the second overall pick no matter how you slice it.

I honestly believe that a robotic arm to hand the ball off to the QB hiding behind a stack of old tires would be a better center than Justin Sorenson.

the imagery of this made me snort right out loud...

I don't watch enough CIS... just internet vid, articles and stuff.  I live in the north and don't even have a TV.  But I would be up for a CIS thread now that it seems player performance might actually have some affect on our drafting strategy...

I am totally bummed out that we missed out on Pawel Kruba though.

I'll trust bob wylies opinion. If we take lavertu or goosen, im confident they will turn out to be a good pick because wylie obviously will have a say.

Honestly, we probably have the best oline coach in the CFL now, if he thinks goosen or lavertu are worth the #2 pick, then do it. No questions asked.

Gotta trust the guys in charge to make the right decisions here. Wylie is a very respected oline coach, I'll trust he can turn whoever we take a 2 into a starting player for us (assuming its an olineman which i think it will be) 

I'll trust bob wylies opinion. If we take lavertu or goosen, im confident they will turn out to be a good pick because wylie obviously will have a say.

Honestly, we probably have the best oline coach in the CFL now, if he thinks goosen or lavertu are worth the #2 pick, then do it. No questions asked.

Gotta trust the guys in charge to make the right decisions here. Wylie is a very respected oline coach, I'll trust he can turn whoever we take a 2 into a starting player for us (assuming its an olineman which i think it will be) 

you sound like someone from the other Bombers forum site.  ;)

Do i? I don't have an account there. What did i say though that wasn't true? why should i trust fans opinions over bob wylies? 

Do i? I don't have an account there. What did i say though that wasn't true? why should i trust fans opinions over bob wylies? 

chill man, i didn't say what your saying is not true. i just said that you sound like someone from the other site. that's all.

but from your last post, i kinda sense you know who i am referring too. :P

chill man, i didn't say what your saying is not true. i just said that you sound like someone from the other site. that's all.

but from your last post, i kinda sense you know who i am referring too. :P

the first word in the dictionary? ;) 

Everyone knows you're "theedge204" from over at the other forum. It's pretty obvious. ;)

Everyone knows you're "theedge204" from over at the other forum. It's pretty obvious. ;)

That's definitely what I thought.

The wordiness of some of his posts gives it away.

wordiness? 

word·y  [wur-dee]  Show IPA
adjective, word·i·er, word·i·est.
characterized by or given to the use of many, or too many, words; verbose: She grew impatient at hiswordy reply.
pertaining to or consisting of words; verbal.
Origin: 

before 1100; Middle English; Old English wordig.  See word-y1

Related forms

word·i·ly, adverb
word·i·ness, noun

Synonyms 

1. diffuse, talkative, loquacious, voluble. Wordy, prolix, redundant, pleonastic all mean using more wordsthan necessary to convey a desired meaning. Wordy the broadest and least specific of these terms, may,in addition to indicating an excess of words, suggest a garrulousness or loquaciousness: a wordy, gossipyaccount of a simple incident. Prolix refers to speech or writing extended to great and tedious length withinconsequential details: a prolix style that tells you more than you need or want to know. Redundant andpleonastic both refer to unnecessary repetition of language. Redundant has also a generalized sense of“excessive” or “no longer needed”: the dismissal of redundant employees.  In describing language, it mostoften refers to overelaboration through the use of expressions that repeat the sense of other expressionsin a passage: a redundant text crammed with amplifications of the obvious. Pleonastic usually a technicalterm, refers most often to expressions that repeat something that has been said before: “A true fact” and “afree gift” are pleonastic expressions.