Dexter Davis In, Freddie Harris Out This Week

Mike

Davis will be going on the roster as the DI in place of Freddie Harris, according to Tim Burke on the coaches show. Just heard this mentioned, thought it was super interesting because I'm a big Dexter Davis fan.

Wondering if this is to give them a bit more speed off the edge to track Burris. Either that or maybe Davis is finally game ready after his injury.

Interesting as I thought Harris had been solid.

thought so too but I guess they feel it could be even better.

I know the DLine doesn't need to thrive on continuity that much but with that change and the DT changing it'll be a lot different from last week.

From my point of view Harris was solid. The thing that I like the most about this though is that unlike LaPolice, Burke isn't afraid to make subtle changes and give more players a chance to contribute. Of course, too much tinkering of a great defense isn't a good thing but the DI end doesn't make too huge of a difference and it will be nice to see how he contributes. I do know that in the last few years it would take forever for a guy to get pulled or for a new guy to get a chance and it would frustrate me to no end.

From my point of view Harris was solid. The thing that I like the most about this though is that unlike LaPolice, Burke isn't afraid to make subtle changes and give more players a chance to contribute. Of course, too much tinkering of a great defense isn't a good thing but the DI end doesn't make too huge of a difference and it will be nice to see how he contributes. I do know that in the last few years it would take forever for a guy to get pulled or for a new guy to get a chance and it would frustrate me to no end.

LaPolice was ALWAYS tinkering...

Tweets by Penton:

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk
Isaac Anderson in the starting receiving corps this morning. Denmark still at wideout #Bombers

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 
Starting DL - Mainor, Anderson, Frazier and Dexter Davis.

But I think that may have been in practice because he later tweeted...

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk
Alex Hall will play on Saturday. Aaron Woods will not. Dexter Davis makes his #Bombers debut.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk
Jade Etienne is back on the practice field today. Chad Simpson and Glenn January also back. #Bombers

It’ll be interesting to see if the Ticats are peeved about the Bombers trying to take one of their Canadian linebackers off their practice roster earlier this week. The Blue and Gold tried to take Jonathan Beaulieu-Richard. We’ll try and find out if the Bombers used the front door or the back door in their attempt.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/bomberbeat/

Also from Drew Edwards -- Fantuz, starting RB CJ Gable, and Dee Webb all to likely miss the game this weekend. The TiCats are dinged up and ripe for the picking, which, if you have followed the Bombers over the last 15 years, you know is exactly our achilles heel.

anyone who makes inference about this in any kind of fashion that might be construed as a jinxing said inference should be banned from the site.

Sounds like Walker back in for them. They say he's a more explosive runner, but isn't a very good pass blocker (which is why he's been sitting...)

Knowing what the D-Line has done in the first 2 weeks, you would think they would like some extra protect back there.

Just read an article in the sun about "easing" Sears back in the line up. Let me go on record saying if Johnny Sears is ready, he should be starting period. I don't care who he takes off the field.

Practicing doesn't mean he's in game shape. Ease him in and let him get up to speed before starting him is the right thing to do imo.