Boltus released!

gbill2004

Goltz was lethal anywhere inside the 10.

He made us the best red zone team in the CFL until he got banished.

It's obvious that Burke as a head coach let his DC tendancies take over and he HATED seeing touchdowns. So like a good defensive coordinator he came up with a gameplan to neutralize Goltz. It's a lot easier when you can just bench a player rather than having to stop them!

Goltz was a prima dona . So, he was a good third down qb. Who cares? He couldn't hit a sleeping elephant from 30 feet away. His third down conversions weren't going to make us a playoff team. Kid had a bad attitude & Burke sat him. Can't say it was the wrong thing to do. My question, more than sitting Goltz was why not give Levi Brown a chance? Burke was a total **** up as a head coach anyway. He couldn't head coach his way out of a paper sack. 

Goltz was a prima dona . So, he was a good third down qb. Who cares? He couldn't hit a sleeping elephant from 30 feet away. His third down conversions weren't going to make us a playoff team. Kid had a bad attitude & Burke sat him. Can't say it was the wrong thing to do. My question, more than sitting Goltz was why not give Levi Brown a chance? Burke was a total **** up as a head coach anyway. He couldn't head coach his way out of a paper sack. 

And this is why I would give Goltz another chance, at least bring him into TC.     When you have 3 different QB's who dumped on Burke/Crowton and being disgruntled and apparently bad attitudes.... it's a little bit to much coincidence.  

Boltus needed to be cut because quite frankly whats the point of having a 3rd string qb if he can't even do a basic sneak?   If you wern't going to play Levi then why not at least sign McPherson just to help close out the season.... 

And this is why I would give Goltz another chance, at least bring him into TC.     When you have 3 different QB's who dumped on Burke/Crowton and being disgruntled and apparently bad attitudes.... it's a little bit to much coincidence.  

Boltus needed to be cut because quite frankly whats the point of having a 3rd string qb if he can't even do a basic sneak?   If you wern't going to play Levi then why not at least sign McPherson just to help close out the season....

I agree. Goltz got a raw deal. No on ever properly trained him, and then he was thrown into being a starter. Then when he didn't do well, all he was told by Burke is how bad he played. And I don't think he was so much a prima doña as he was trying to inject some life into this Bomber team by showing some attitude. And then he was punished for it by our amazing HC. I'm not saying Goltz would ever become a great QB, but I think with someone training him he could have done better then he did.

• 4 months later...