Tim Horton Field Update

iso_55

I don't know if the timeline was that ridiculous, it's a basic stadium, Not giving excuses for the delays here but we got a pretty spectacular time consuming roof, hamilton don't. Really no excuses for this one not being done. I'm betting ours would have been done if it didn't have the fancy roof

Can't compare ours to theirs, it's more comparable to ottawas and ottawas looks like it will be done on time. 

Stupid unrealistic construction timelines just like Winnipeg. Should be a three year & not 2 year timeline. Funny how every gargantuan 70,000 seat NFL stadium under construction never has this problem. 

Few of the NFL owners have to worry about -30 weather, three feet of snow or short construction seasons. On top of all that, they have wall to wall money, which helps. A lot.

So something else just came up regarding THF not being ready on time. ESPN is broadcasting the Wpg and Ticats game on July 31st. Thats going to be a huge game for the league! What are they going to do broadcast from Guelph with 5000 ppl?!? They need to move this game to wpg or something!

http://www.cfl.ca/article/espn-cfl-reach-multi-year-us-broadcast-deal

So something else just came up regarding THF not being ready on time. ESPN is broadcasting the Wpg and Ticats game on July 31st. Thats going to be a huge game for the league! What are they going to do broadcast from Guelph with 5000 ppl?!? They need to move this game to wpg or something!

http://www.cfl.ca/article/espn-cfl-reach-multi-year-us-broadcast-deal

They need to broadcast another game. 

So something else just came up regarding THF not being ready on time. ESPN is broadcasting the Wpg and Ticats game on July 31st. Thats going to be a huge game for the league! What are they going to do broadcast from Guelph with 5000 ppl?!? They need to move this game to wpg or something!http://www.cfl.ca/article/espn-cfl-reach-multi-year-us-broadcast-deal

There are no other games on Thursday the 31st. They could do the Friday or sat games I guess.

Stupid unrealistic construction timelines just like Winnipeg. Should be a three year & not 2 year timeline. Funny how every gargantuan 70,000 seat NFL stadium under construction never has this problem. 

Few of the NFL owners have to worry about -30 weather, three feet of snow or short construction seasons. On top of all that, they have wall to wall money, which helps. A lot.

The weather, while a factor, isn't the most important thing in constructing a stadium, I believe. Making sure to account for time lost due to weather delays is. Which is why 3 years to build an outdoor stadium makes sense. It's plenty cold & windy in Minneapolis, Chicago & New York. They have rain delays in San Francisco. The weather in Denver can be as screwy as Calgary.

The difference is that NFL teams just don't tear down their old stadiums before the new ones are built. Or build on the exact same site as the old stadium was located. And they use a much longer timeline. We're talking 70-80,000 seat stadiums. In Dallas's case, nearly 100,000. They just make sure the job is done first.

I was in San Francisco in early April of  2012 & they had started work on their new stadium in San Mateo, CA at least 6 months before. The super structure was under construction at that time & it finally was finished this past winter or early spring. Sixty eight thousand seats. No delays, no muss & no fuss. I never understood why the Bombers made such grandiose promises when our new stadium was under construction. None of us would have cared if the stadium hadn't opened until 2013 instead of the rush to finish in 2012.. 

Hopefully, the Riders are watching & have learned from ours & Hamilton's mistake.

So something else just came up regarding THF not being ready on time. ESPN is broadcasting the Wpg and Ticats game on July 31st. Thats going to be a huge game for the league! What are they going to do broadcast from Guelph with 5000 ppl?!? They need to move this game to wpg or something!http://www.cfl.ca/article/espn-cfl-reach-multi-year-us-broadcast-deal

There are no other games on Thursday the 31st. They could do the Friday or sat games I guess.

Showing a game in a 5,000 seat stadium would be a major black eye.

With only 4000 fans in attendance

With only 4000 fans in attendance

No, that's an Argo game. 

this is turning into a real disaster for Hamilton... sure it was a dump, but at least we had a 29,500 seat back up stadium ready to go when ours was delayed... not to mentiom this is supposed to be on ESPN... yikes... the CFL absolutely needs to flex this game out... showing a bad CIS stadium to unaware American fans is gonna make the CFL look like a mickey mouse organization...

Switch the Argos at Als game from Friday August 1 to Thursday July 31 and problem solved. ESPN can broadcast that game. Both have a 6pm EST start time.

Is it really that easy?

No.  They will have this thing called a programming schedule, and while TSN might have no problems switching some scheduling around to accommodate the CFL, ESPN will have no interest in doing any shuffling to accommodate the CFL.

They would sooner stick a nascar re-run in the time slot and not care in the slightest that they didn't air a CFL game that day.

Switch the Argos at Als game from Friday August 1 to Thursday July 31 and problem solved. ESPN can broadcast that game. Both have a 6pm EST start time.

Is it really that easy?

No. They will have this thing called a programming schedule, and while TSN might have no problems switching some scheduling around to accommodate the CFL, ESPN will have no interest in doing any shuffling to accommodate the CFL.

They would sooner stick a nascar re-run in the time slot and not care in the slightest that they didn't air a CFL game that day.

Actually...yes. My proposal does not require and program shuffling from ESPN.

or just you know, play the game at mcmaster and explain to the viewers several times a game why they are playing at a 5000 seat stadium? That works too, Americans aren't ********, not all of them at least... if you let them know why, then there you go and how many people normally watch these games? you honestly think they care if its in a 5000 seat stadium or a 30,000 seat stadium? whats more embarrassing to the league? 5000 at mcmaster or 17000 at a 50,000 rogers centre? 

Is it really that easy?

No. They will have this thing called a programming schedule, and while TSN might have no problems switching some scheduling around to accommodate the CFL, ESPN will have no interest in doing any shuffling to accommodate the CFL.

Actually...yes. My proposal does not require and program shuffling from ESPN.

Sorry, GB, I was thinking of a different proposal when typing that - you're right, ESPN doesn't have to do anything for what you describe.

or just you know, play the game at mcmaster and explain to the viewers several times a game why they are playing at a 5000 seat stadium? That works too, Americans aren't ********, not all of them at least... if you let them know why, then there you go and how many people normally watch these games? you honestly think they care if its in a 5000 seat stadium or a 30,000 seat stadium? whats more embarrassing to the league? 5000 at mcmaster or 17000 at a 50,000 rogers centre? 

Man & people here say I'm angry all the time?

What's so angry about that? Think you probably read too far in to my posts at times. It's a fan forum. There is never any anger involved in my posts.

Is it cuz of the "swear" word? funny thing is, that wasn't even a swear... basically i said Americans aren't stupid but used the R word instead. .  

What's so angry about that? Think you probably read too far in to my posts at times. It's a fan forum. There is never any anger involved in my posts.

Is it cuz of the "swear" word? funny thing is, that wasn't even a swear... basically i said Americans aren't stupid but used the R word instead. .  

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together. Brighter than a lucky penny. When you're here the raindrops disappears dear and i feel so fine. Just to know that you are mine. My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows that's how this refrain goes.

So come on Join In. Everybody.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way when your in love to stay. Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together. Brighter than a lucky penny. When you hear the raindrops disappears dear and i feel so fine. Just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows that's how this refrain goes.

So come on Join In. Everybody.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way cause your in love, your in love and love is here to stay!