Tim Horton Field Update

iso_55

Ha, where's Bluto with a response? ;)

i'll withold comment to wait and see what happens to Bomber attendance if they start poorly and the "newness" of IGF wears off a bit...

houses. stones. glass. etc.

No offense bluto, but Argo fans should be the last fan base saying anything negative towards any other team when it comes to attendance.

http://www.bluebombers.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/5221

These IGF construction photos are from this week two years ago in 2012 (you know, the year the Bombers were supposed to be playing there). 

http://www.bluebombers.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/7179

These construction shots are from late June in 2012 (about the time the preseason was starting). Looks like considerably more was done but with the complexity/scope of IGF not good enough for the team to play there that year.

Tim Horton's Field looks less complex and with favourable weather, you never know, using these pics as a reference, it could be done for late July. Stranger things have happened though (cough 2012 ... cough). ;)

I miss the construction cam at IGF. Too bad they couldn't have permanently mounted it just so when fans are in the mood they can click on & look at the stadium.... 

Move back to Winnipeg, then you can just drive by  :)

If only life was that simple. ;)

It is...Quit making it complicated ;)

Talk to my wife & family. Then get back to me. ;) My youngest son was born in Calgary. My oldest only lived in Winnipeg the first 3 1/2 years of his life & he's now 27. And he is now married to a Calgary girl. My youngest plays at SFU & will probably end up staying on the West Coast. No way we'll move farther away from him when we don't have to. Getting to a couple of Bomber home games a year is going to be the best I can do. Ironic that a job offer I received in the insurance industry brought my wife, my oldest son & I to Calgary in 1990. Now, she has a high paying job & makes more than I do. Coming back to Winnipeg ain't gonna happen.

• 3 months later...

From the Scratching Post:

Stadium will be ready - but far from done - for Ticats opener

The delayed Pan Am Stadium will be useable for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' home opener July 26, but will be far from finished, city and team officials said Tuesday morning.

At a joint press conference held at City Hall, public works general manager Gerry Davis and Ticats president and chief operating officer Glenn Gibson assured the media the game would go on.

"You buy a house in a great new subdivision and you're all excited, and the house is great, but you look out the window and you still have to do the lawn. I liken this to that," Davis said. "It will still be a construction site."

The stadium was initially set for completion at the end of June, but that deadline was not met due to bad winter weather and contractor issues.

Now, the city says the field will be able to host a game on July 26, but many aspects of the stadium — including vendors, bathrooms and landscaping — will be incomplete.

"It's a quick turnaround," Gibson said. "We're pulling out all the stops."

The field and the seats will be ready and the seats are in place, he said.

The new target for substantial completion is early October, Davis said.

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/06/stadium-will-be-ready-but-far-from-done-for-ticats-opener.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thespec%2FDRCe+%28The+Scratching+Post%29