Collaros to test free agency

gbill2004

Oh Barker...your statements are complete and utter foolishness.  If he really thinks Collaros is going to stay with Toronto he's delusional.  The only way he would stay is if they traded away Ray or if Ray was about to retire.

And Pedersen.  Sigh.  Must be a slow news day.  Well....something is slow anyway.

Really think we should be trading a pick for the rights to talk to him...  wonder if our 3rd would be enough, maybe with something in 2014 if he starts more than 7 games-ish

He already stated he doesn't want to talk to anyone until free agency.  He wants to see people bidding for him I think, rather then just giving one team to give him a number.

Really think we should be trading a pick for the rights to talk to him...  wonder if our 3rd would be enough, maybe with something in 2014 if he starts more than 7 games-ish

Disagree.  There are at least 3 guys on the market that are worth taking a shot on as our next starting QB (Collaros, Willy, and Burris).  We're one of 2 open jobs (that's if LeFevour is not the guy in Hamilton).  Supply > demand.

well if anything this just shows that Collaros is way smarter than Reilly, who wouldn't even look at another team other than the Eskimos.

Nothing wrong with Reilly doing that.

Would you be calling Reilly stupid if we were the only team he looked at? Doubtful.

???

Nothing wrong except that he could have at least tried to play the field. Anyway, with what we now know about Mack, I don't think it would have mattered anyway, Seleepy Joe wouldn't have got the job done anyway, even if Reilly had given us a shot at signing him in FA.

Would you be calling Reilly stupid if we were the only team he looked at? Doubtful.

I think that players need to look at all options and do what is best for them. In that regard I will be sad if Collaros signs with someone else, but I'll understand that he and his agent weighed all options and did what was best. I didn't get that feeling with Reilly, I think he had tunnel vision for Edmonton, and look how that worked out, the guy is lucky to be alive right now. Of course, so is Max Hall.

???

Nothing wrong except that he could have at least tried to play the field. Anyway, with what we now know about Mack, I don't think it would have mattered anyway, Seleepy Joe wouldn't have got the job done anyway, even if Reilly had given us a shot at signing him in FA.

I think that players need to look at all options and do what is best for them. In that regard I will be sad if Collaros signs with someone else, but I'll understand that he and his agent weighed all options and did what was best. I didn't get that feeling with Reilly, I think he had tunnel vision for Edmonton, and look how that worked out, the guy is lucky to be alive right now. Of course, so is Max Hall.

I'm sure he did decide to do what is best for him. I just don't think he needed to hear a formal offer from Winnipeg (or any other club) to decide.

???

Tunnel vision works both ways. I just hope our team doesn't have tunnel vision with Collaros, an overall unproven commodity. It takes away from the investment, energy and focus needed to recruit, scout and sign other potential QB's.

I still consider Reilly's decision to be a questionable one in that he was in complete control of his own situation, and he failed to take it to the next step by committing so early.

Even though he knew where he wanted to go, he could have had a better 'feel' for his market worth by actually hitting the market.

It's still a puzzling decision, especially when he was so close to FA.

well if anything this just shows that Collaros is way smarter than Reilly, who wouldn't even look at another team other than the Eskimos.

So Reilly wanting to play for the Eskimos makes him stupid ?

Nothing wrong with what Reilly did, he saw the better situation in Edmonton and that's where he wanted to go.

Collaros to Winnipeg is a forgone conclusion.

Don't know if it should be considered a foregone conclusion just yet, there's still Hamilton with Kent Austin as the head coach, coming off a Grey Cup appearance, and closer to Zach's home.

It's difficult to say that Reilly wouldn't of gotten more money had he waited until Free Agency. 

You just can't say that signing beforehand was a good business decision. 

I still consider Reilly's decision to be a questionable one in that he was in complete control of his own situation, and he failed to take it to the next step by committing so early.

Even though he knew where he wanted to go, he could have had a better 'feel' for his market worth by actually hitting the market.

It's still a puzzling decision, especially when he was so close to FA.

Yeah, agree since he was less than 2 weeks away from FA. Then again as KBF said Mack probably would have ****** it up anyway so he's where he probably would have gone to begin with. 

Reilly had absolutely nothing to gain by waiting for free agency. Everyone in the CFL knew that Mack wasn't going to outbid any team for an unproven player or release Buck to accommodate a new starter.  No other team was even going to pay Reilly starters money.  Reilly got everything he wanted from Edmonton so it was a good business decision for him.  

It's difficult to say that Reilly wouldn't of gotten more money had he waited until Free Agency. 

You just can't say that signing beforehand was a good business decision. 

Who knows.

Perhaps if Reilly made it to FA, MAck offers some money that wasn't close to what Edmonton would have offered, because of that Edmonton lowers their offer and Reilly loses out compared to what he would have made before FA happened.

Does anyone truly believe that Mike O'Shea hasn't spoken with Collaros since he became the Bombers head coach?  I know its technically "tampering", but to be honest, I'd be concerned if he hasn't. 

I'd be concerned as tampering is a pretty serious thing to do. Would we like it if say Henoc Muamba goes to the Argos after his NFL aspirations fell flat & we found out Barker had discussions with him before Feb.15th? 

Does anyone truly believe that Mike O'Shea hasn't spoken with Collaros since he became the Bombers head coach? I know its technically "tampering", but to be honest, I'd be concerned if he hasn't.

I'd be concerned as tampering is a pretty serious thing to do. Would we like it if say Henoc Muamba goes to the Argos after his NFL aspirations fell flat & we found out Barker had discussions with him before Feb.15th?

Serious? Last team found guilty of tampering was fined $5000.

The fine is a joke but the teams don't like it when it happens to them. It's our photo happy, smiling moron of a Commissioner & the BOG's who make our league out to be the joke that it is sometimes. And you said everybody does it. C'mon UP, you make a sweeping generalization of a statement but can't give me examples of every team tampering as it hasn't happened. SOME teams have, not all.

As far a fines for teams who do tamper, I'd like to see some real teeth put into the fines... Like $100,000 fine & a loss of a draft pick to make sure it never happens.