Richard Sherman

iso_55

Quite the classless display after the Super Bowl when he was interviewed on the field & he screamed like a nutbar that he was the greatest & insulted Michael Crabtree. He is just like a younger version of another douchebag Dwight Anderson. And he patted Crabtree on his ass & mocked him. I hope Manning blows him up in 2 weeks. Just a total ****. 

As a top athlete, you can walk that edge and talk that talk, but when you cross the line, like Sherman did (choke display towards the bench) and that stupid yelling rant, then you will be disrespected and he deserves to be.

I agree with iso…it was a classless display that demeaned some great efforts on defence.

I hope Manning does put him down. 

Quite the classless display after the Super Bowl when he was interviewed on the field & he screamed like a nutbar that he was the greatest & insulted Michael Crabtree. He is just like a younger version of another douchebag Dwight Anderson. And he patted Crabtree on his ass & mocked him. I hope Manning blows him up in 2 weeks. Just a total ****. 

I was more amused by the reporter and her reaction. Caught her off guard, her expression was priceless. She looked annoyed, didn't get that canned response she was looking for. I love it when an athlete now and then breaks away from script, makes for good tv.  

I think she was shocked & not annoyed. And Fox looked like they cut the interview short... Great player of that there is no doubt but he's probably the Most Hated Football Player in the US today. Fine line between being a hero & a bum. He'll get beat as it happens to everyone.

I think she was shocked & not annoyed. And Fox looked like they cut the interview short... Great player of that there is no doubt but he's probably the Most Hated Football Player in the US today. Fine line between being a hero & a bum. He'll get beat as it happens to everyone.

Most Hated Football Player in the US certainly doesn't make you a bum. And it makes money for the NFL.

Whether they'll admit it or not, the NFL owners must love what Sherman did yesterday.

I don't think Roger Goodell was smiling. He wants to have the game presented squeaky clean with no  tarnish. He has been merciless punishing those when it comes to incidents by teams & transgressions by players.

If by punishing, you mean raking in the dough with the fines. It's all about the money for Goodell and what Sherman did absolutely makes the league money.

Nah, talking Bountygate & the Greg Williams & Sean Payton coaching suspensions as well as the Greg Vilma player suspensions among other things. Can't recall off the top of my head but Goodell isn't a guy you cross. The suspension (again) of Brandon Browner for an illegal substance.... Goodell helped set that drug testing program up. Then player suspensions for behaviour issues, etc,

As the CFL has no policy on lawfully illegal substances like weed like the NFL does, I think it's probably safe to say that if a test was brought  in suddenly & our players were tested, probably 60% of them would be suspended... Not debating the drug issue here or whether or not illegal drugs should be tested on CFL players, I'm just stating a fact I think would be accurate.

Most Hated Football Player in the US certainly doesn't make you a bum. And it makes money for the NFL.

Whether they'll admit it or not, the NFL owners must love what Sherman did yesterday.

Totally disagree, the NFL is wanting the squeaky clean image. Look how they pretty much killed off any popularity with Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Chad Ochocino.... I'm sure sherman will burn out like those other guys and be flat broke by the time he's in his mid 30s.

The media loves the Sherman story, it'll be pumping their tires for the next couple weeks.  Denver-Seattle isn't a real media bonanza matchup, both are mid-tier media markets as far as NFL cities go, and neither team has a big intense national following like teams such as the Packers or Cowboys.

Also I gotta say that I hate the two week break between the finals and the Super Bowl.  Just play the goddamn game already.

Honestly I could care less about the interview, the throat slashing was a little more ehhh for me. 

This is still my favourite Richard Sherman interview:  

Yikes, this guy is a nutcase! What the hell is Sherman's problem? I like how he plays up his Stanford degree, yet mispronounces a lot of words, including "cretin-tin", whatever that is.