Quinton Porter Cut By Als - Do We Bring Him In?

What do you suppose the agenda is of this old boys club? What is it they are doing that is resulting in the current status? What would you have done differently that would guarantee success?

Hired Barker as GM and president. He had a plan...a pretty successful one it seems. I certainly would not be renewing Mack or Burke's contract either. Barker has won in Calgary and Montreal. I don't like him as a coach or as a person, but he wins. Something this team desperately needs to do.

Other than the odd import gem(Matthews and Simpson, neither of whom have indicated a desire to re-sign), what has been accomplished? We finally have draft picks, how many are still with this team under Mack tenure?

The board pulls the strings. It's time to think out side the box. Bring in someone who has proven to be successful.

But what is their agenda? What are the old boys club on the board doing to sabotage the Bombers?

They continue to hire only those who have had somewhat of a connection with the club one way or another and refuse to really consider any applicants who do not. This team has gone through coaches, GMs, and presidents, at a stupid pace. Quite often these people are relieved of their duties with years still on their contracts. Who is responsible for this turnover? And when there is turnover is we go back to the same pattern of hiring....

There may be no hidden agenda, but this current system is not working and hasn't for the last 22years. Judging by the current roster make that 23.

Why don't you enlighten me and tell me why having the board of directors is a benefit to this team and its fans. Maybe I'm missing something.

Enlighten you? Whatever gave you the notion I'm defending the board or the status quo? Unh, you opened the BOD old boys club conspiracy theory. I'm trying to understand why you believe that.

I completely agree the Bombers have been poorly run for decades, both on the football side and the business side.

Is the BOD inept? Possibly. There are political appointees on the board. That alone is enough to create suspicion.

Would a private owner make a difference? Who knows? It's all spekulayshun.

Does Burke actually think Goltz and Hall are an upgrade on Elliot and Brink? We could be in for a long year.

look at it objectively... did Goltz really look THAT bad against Hamilton? I mean hell I saw Travis Lulay throw some poor ints in the 2nd preseason game for the lions. Goltz was able to move the ball against Hamilton, turnovers are stuff that can be cleaned up in regular season. 

They continue to hire only those who have had somewhat of a connection with the club one way or another and refuse to really consider any applicants who do not. This team has gone through coaches, GMs, and presidents, at a stupid pace. Quite often these people are relieved of their duties with years still on their contracts. Who is responsible for this turnover? And when there is turnover is we go back to the same pattern of hiring....

There may be no hidden agenda, but this current system is not working and hasn't for the last 22years. Judging by the current roster make that 23.

Why don't you enlighten me and tell me why having the board of directors is a benefit to this team and its fans. Maybe I'm missing something.

seriously? you have seen enough To write off this season already? your wasting your talents then my friend.. oh, and what are next weeks lotto max numbers?

look at it objectively... did Goltz really look THAT bad against Hamilton? I mean hell I saw Travis Lulay throw some poor ints in the 2nd preseason game for the lions. Goltz was able to move the ball against Hamilton, turnovers are stuff that can be cleaned up in regular season. 

Saw the entire game. Goltz moved the ball at times with safe underneath routes, his few deep passes were incompletes. But what few good things he did were wiped out by mental mistakes. So what you're left with is a project QB , at this point, that's less effective than Elliott or Brink. 

Saw the entire game. Goltz moved the ball at times with safe underneath routes, his few deep passes were incompletes. But what few good things he did were wiped out by mental mistakes. So what you're left with is a project QB , at this point, that's less effective than Elliott or Brink. 

Sorry but your opinion is completely irrelevant here

yeah well it sounds like short underneath stuff is a big part of the bombers gameplan this year... I'd also expect to lean on the running game a bunch too... if Goltz was moving the ball with that stuff then that's a positive. Hell I saw the clip of the the int that most people ***** about (the one in the endzone) the receiver was running the wrong way when the ball was thrown, clearly not just a mistake on Goltz part so I'm not going to get too worked up over it. Like I said, I saw starting qbs, and good ones, throwing ints in preseason too. 

yeah well it sounds like short underneath stuff is a big part of the bombers gameplan this year... I'd also expect to lean on the running game a bunch too... if Goltz was moving the ball with that stuff then that's a positive. Hell I saw the clip of the the int that most people ***** about (the one in the endzone) the receiver was running the wrong way when the ball was thrown, clearly not just a mistake on Goltz part so I'm not going to get too worked up over it. Like I said, I saw starting qbs, and good ones, throwing ints in preseason too. 

That's reasonable. Not saying there's nothing there with Goltz . Thurs. was just a snapshot with obvious midigating factors but nevertheless did not look great.

But irrelevant because you've shown a massive anti-Bomber bias when evaluating our players for, oh I don't know, the last 5 years or so.  People don't forget.

I give Snuggles aka Mr. "Classless" as much credence as I do Kapt. Krunch on the other site.  According to these guys, all of our players are "garbage" and when we do ever win its always a fluke.  Of course, when we lose, the I told you so's come raining down.  It's no different than everything else, some people are assholes who just want to **** on your team/political party/life and they'll always find a justification for it.

I give Snuggles aka Mr. "Classless" as much credence as I do Kapt. Krunch on the other site.  According to these guys, all of our players are "garbage" and when we do ever win its always a fluke.  Of course, when we lose, the I told you so's come raining down.  It's no different than everything else, some people are assholes who just want to **** on your team/political party/life and they'll always find a justification for it.

Silly.

There is an ignore function, right ? You're under no obligation to even read what I post nevermind agree or disagree.

Silly.

There is an ignore function, right ? You're under no obligation to even read what I post nevermind agree or disagree.

But then again some people who don't know you won't realize how full of **** you are, so we have to make sure we point that out so no one gets the wrong idea