Report: Morley and Renaud extended

Mr. Perfect

I think it's a given that even with the signings, they'll both have competition at training camp. Especially along the offensive line. Daniel Bryan is a free agent & he may be available although the thought of Old Goat Face doing the punting & kicking doesn't thrill me.

Who and what?

i wonder if O'Shea will be interested in bringing in Justin Medlock... I know we will burn a DI spot for him but he is money.

If Medlock's available, O'Shea better be interested.  That guy is a beast.

Yes he is available, he didn't even play football this season.

actually, he's been to a number of teams but didn't stay longer as he expected

i wonder if O'Shea will be interested in bringing in Justin Medlock... I know we will burn a DI spot for him but he is money.

If Medlock's available, O'Shea better be interested.  That guy is a beast.

Yes he is available, he didn't even play football this season.

actually, he's been to a number of teams but didn't stay longer as he expected

He was in Oakland for like two days and that's it for 2013 IIRC. 

I can't see Tsoumpas leaving the Stamps.  But the bigger question with him is his concussion.  The Stamps were hoping he'd return last season but he had a set back when he attempted to start light work outs.    That's the only reason he might leave is if Huf thinks his injury situation might be an ongoing thing.    

Is there a good reason why we keep bringing Morley back?  If you graded out every OL in the CFL, I almost guarantee you Morley would grade out in the bottom 10%.

The thing is, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, is that is probably not true.  Because the people that do grade him out brought him back.

It could be the youthful OL's we have so much hope for (Swisten, Pencer) really suck according to the new coaches.  Or that we will just end up cutting Morley before the season.  

Not that I like either of these guys anymore than the rest of you.  It's just that as of now we need them because they haven't adequately been replaced, yet.

Walters sitting across from Morley's agent and Morley: "So Steve, not sure we can really extend you this year..."

Morley whispers into agent's ear, agent slides manila envelope across the table. Walters opens envelope, sees donkey, thinks back to the trip he made last year to Tijuana, shudders, then gathers himself and says "so about that extension we were talking about Steve..."

you never know how quickly your youth will develop (or not)

you never know how many FA you will be able to get (or not) until after the 15th

having a proper contingency plan is always prudent (even if it is one that you really hope you won't have to rely on primarily)

Hell has officially frozen over... I agree with blutes magutes!

Having morely as a contingency plan (and yes if need be, starter) is not the worst casr scenario..

you never know how quickly your youth will develop (or not)

you never know how many FA you will be able to get (or not) until after the 15th

having a proper contingency plan is always prudent (even if it is one that you really hope you won't have to rely on primarily)

Hell has officially frozen over... I agree with blutes magutes!

Having morely as a contingency plan (and yes if need be, starter) is not the worst casr scenario..

the worst case scenario would be having nobody. 

Morley is a bit better than that... 

now Walters has to determine if you must go with 2 imports on the line again and if so, recruiting someone better than Boatma .

I think it's a given that even with the signings, they'll both have competition at training camp. Especially along the offensive line. Daniel Bryan is a free agent & he may be available although the thought of Old Goat Face doing the punting & kicking doesn't thrill me.

Who and what?

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!