How Long Before The Club Makes A Big Move

Brandon

WEC almost single handedly killed the Jets. How Barry Shenk managed to keep them here as long as he did is testament to his dedication.

WEC ran the arena. Jets had to pay rent and WEC got all revenue generated at true arena and parking. Plus concerts etc. it was a joke.

I don't believe TN contractually runs all concerts. I think it's just a business relationship where they choose to hold stadium concerts at the stadium and rent it or whatever.

I can see the following happening during August:

1. JJ is cut before Labour Day due to poor play and to save money on the SMS.

2. Swiston replace Morley on the offensive line.

3. If healthy, Douglas replaces Boatman on the offensive line leading to #4.

4. Shannon Boatman cut.

5. Receiver (likely Dennmark) is let go.

Unknown....you should check the agreement that gives TN event rights of a certain size within the city limits. That was one of the reasons for the Headingly stadium sight to circumvent that clause.

Are you sure?  My understanding is the issue in question was no public dollars could be invested in a covered entertainment venue of a certain size.  Thats why any talk of a roof on the new stadium was a non-starter.  And I distinctly remember it being said if the Stadium was 100% private dollars, they could put a dome on it if they wanted to.

You can't force private business to adhere to an agreement between TN and the GOM.  It would be subject to anti-competition laws.  Im sure the agreement was specifically relating to public dollars. 

But while we're on this subject, can the GOM turn over the Bombers to TN?  Keep the Stadium since TN wont go anywhere near that $200 M debt.  It's small potatoes for TN and there is little to know real estate development linked to the new Stadium due to it being on Campus, but we need to get rid of this do-nothing board that hired a salesman to be CEO over-seeing football decisions, hired a GM who had been out of the CFL for decades etc etc.

You look at all that land behind the stadium that was the old golf course now lying there unused. First thing I think of is a parking lot for a couple thousand cars to ease the parking problem at the U of M. I can't see Bomber fans being happy about having to be bussed to the games for the next 40 years. I can also see the streets being widened around the stadium in the years to come. All in good time.

4. Shannon Boatman cut.

Money is the only thing driving this organization, if they can justify saving salary you can bet veterans will be released before their salaries become guaranteed.

Being cheap is why they're in this position in the first place & have been for years.

Absolutely, which is why they get no sympathy from me. All the problems are their own doing from trying to shave a nickel here or there and it just ends up costing them in the long run. This whole situation could have been avoided last off season by simply hiring an assistant for Crowten to begin with.

4. Shannon Boatman cut.

Not sure if Denmark will get cut -- may try to trade him first. 

I suspect Crowton is next -- but Mack knows this is his last year. He may want to really shake things up. 

Burke with his, "I don't know anything about offense" quote really set this team up for failure. By not being involved in the offense & letting Crowton run the show himself. Then, in the off season not willing to bring in a qb coach to help out. If you look around the CFL, there's Jason Maas in TO, Jarious Jackson in BC, Cortez working with the veteran Durant & backup Willy in Saskatchewan, Huff & Dickenson in Calgary. All those teams are doing well. The  ones struggling are Hamilton  even though Austin is an ex CFL Grey Cup winning qb, he's the HC & has a lot on his table, Montreal, Edmonton & Winnipeg. No guys on those teams to work with their qbs & voila, they all suck. Definetly a correlation.

Perhaps Burke intends Buck to be his man on the offence side of the ball. Let him know if crowton is as clueless as he seems

The land behind the stadium was mentioned. Not sure what the u of m has planned but I'd sell that to True North in a deal for them to take over operations of the team. Real estate development is their big thing right now.

For sure they need a parking lot for 5000 cars. I believe they are planning a dedicated transit loop there too. Creating new ingress and egress for the campus would be nice and some housing and retail development.

Perhaps Burke intends Buck to be his man on the offence side of the ball. Let him know if crowton is as clueless as he seems

The land behind the stadium was mentioned. Not sure what the u of m has planned but I'd sell that to True North in a deal for them to take over operations of the team. Real estate development is their big thing right now.

For sure they need a parking lot for 5000 cars. I believe they are planning a dedicated transit loop there too. Creating new ingress and egress for the campus would be nice and some housing and retail development.

A parking lot is badly needed. A retail, business, condos & apartment development is a badly needed component as well to bring in much needed revenues to the university. Out here in Calgary, the U of C is getting involved in this. With provincial governments cutting back funding, it only makes sense.

Well looks like it was under my guess...glad they made a move and it'll be better if buck was released also to give rest to the qb spot.

I guess you haven't seen the reports that Crowton allegedly went to Mack about starting Goltz and that Mack then forced Burke to make the change. If that's true, do you think Buck will be gone?

If Buck starts again then Burke has then lost his job at the end of this year. Absolutely nobody wants Buck to start and thinks that he should

I have a feeling that a big part of Mack's firing was his meddling with the coaches. I don't think there is an appetite at the board level for this to be a rebuilding year under Goltz. I have a feeling that we will see Buck again because Miller will give Burke a mandate of win right now.

We've had the mandate to win for the last few years, this is why Buck had been starting despite getting injured all of the time.

Ok..that's true enough, let me put it another way. Miller will tell Burke that losing will not be tolerated under any circumstances and that the grooming the next QB excuse will not save his job if the losses mount. Although, we all know this was the card that Mack was hoping to play not Burke. Burke will try to save his job and he will go back to Buck.

Ok..that's true enough, let me put it another way. Miller will tell Burke that losing will not be tolerated under any circumstances and that the grooming the next QB excuse will not save his job if the losses mount. Although, we all know this was the card that Mack was hoping to play not Burke. Burke will try to save his job and he will go back to Buck.

But Burke has been doing this all along, Mack wanted Buck gone, coaching staff wanted Buck to stay because he gave then the beat chance to win. Coaching staff wanted Elliott gone.

If Burke wanted what was best for the club he would of had Elliott or Goltz be our starter and let them get more experience in game action.

The only time anyone aside pierce got any playing time was when Buck would get hurt.

So this whole must win now mandate has been going on since they traded Jules.

But Burke has been doing this all along, Mack wanted Buck gone, coaching staff wanted Buck to stay 

It's debatable whether it was the coaching staff or Burke given that there are reports that Crowton went to Mack to force Burke to start Goltz.