MBB - You be the GM

TrueBlue

I'd say this team needs more than a viable qb. Max Hall is viable & we know he's not the answer. We need a guy who can possibly be the best qb in the CFL someday. I don't think Drew Willy is that guy. Bo Levi Mitchell could be but he's not going anywhere. Certainly not Thomas DeMarco. Troy Smith will stay put in Montreal. We'll be competing for Collaros with Ottawa, Hamilton & even Montreal. I don't know about the rest of you but as a fan I'm tired of the Bombers always window shopping & never buying. We better spend some cash to get this guy.

On another note, I am really tired of reading all these comments from people how they want to hire an offensive guy for head coach... I hate that attitude. Should hire the absolute best head coach (because it is different than being a good coordinator) and trust that as a head coach he will hire good people to run the various parts of the team. I mean for **** sakes we had a **** offense with Kelly being an offensive guy and with Lapo being an offensive guy. I want someone who is a head coach first and foremost not trying to be a head coach and an offensive coordinator. 

Agree 100%. A HC needs a different skill set than an OC.

For all those wanting Dickenson as HC, he has never had to handle adversity in his coaching career, Calgary has been a cake walk, just something to consider.

I've said it before about D Dickenson, he is not just another pretty face.

To me, he's handled his challenges, be it at QB or coaching, with the mindset to succeed no matter what he is presented with. He strikes me as a guy who has the talent and the smarts to handle what he feels he is ready for. If he feels he is ready to be a HC, then he is certainly welcome on my team.

On another note, I am really tired of reading all these comments from people how they want to hire an offensive guy for head coach... I hate that attitude. Should hire the absolute best head coach (because it is different than being a good coordinator) and trust that as a head coach he will hire good people to run the various parts of the team. I mean for **** sakes we had a **** offense with Kelly being an offensive guy and with Lapo being an offensive guy. I want someone who is a head coach first and foremost not trying to be a head coach and an offensive coordinator.

Agree 100%. A HC needs a different skill set than an OC.

So your basically saying OCs are not suited to be head coaches?

First thing I'm doing is firing Tim Burke. I'm keeping Kyle Walters as the GM, because as much as I would love to hire a John Murphy instead, we know Walters isn't going anywhere and along with Miller and the new head coach that'll be far too many chefs in the kitchen for my liking. My next move is writing an open cheque to Dave Dickenson who narrowly beats out Chris Jones to be our head coach. 

After that, I'm doing whatever it takes to swing a trade for Collaros. Something similar to the BC/Edmonton trade for Mike Reilly last year, but with this trade taking place in December instead of the end of January we'll have to give up a tad bit more. After this I'm making sure we start scouting for import defensive backs ASAP as that is our weakest spot on the defense. Next, I'm looking at who is available to trade/sign for Canadian O-linemen and I figure we'll need at least 2 guys with the ability to start. 

In the expansion draft, I'm protecting Henoc, Kohlert, Greaves, Watson, Neufeld and Pencer, unless I'm able to dangle Watson for a 2nd round draft pick or something similar in which case I'll protect Jade Etienne instead of him. If Watson is protected, I'm thinking Etienne is the one picked if not it'll probably be Swiston or even Cauchy.

The imports I'm protecting are, Washington, Wild, Turner, January, Denmark, Dunn, Jarvis Jones, Stewart, Matthews, and I guess Sears or Anderson(although I really struggled to find talented players to protect after Dunn). Who Ottawa takes at this point is anyones guess, it could be a Terrance Edwards, Aaron Kelly, Will Ford, or even Jovon Johnson. In the next round, assuming we kept Watson and Etienne is selected, I'm protecting Swiston, Cauchy, Labbe, Sorenson, Poblah and Jake Thomas. Due to our horrific Canadian talent at this point in time, Ottawa will be forced to take someone such as Morely or Foster. 

In my ideal world, we probably have two to three new starters on the O-Line next year with Greaves, Neufeld, Pencer, January and Jones being the returnees with a chance at starting next year. Our receivers would be, Matthews, Denmark, Kohlert, Etienne, with two of Edwards, Kelly and Miles as the 5th receiver and one of the designated imports. A new starting running back backed up by Will Ford would also be nice and Collaros would of course be the starting QB, backed up by Max Hall and a new developmental third stringer. 

Defensively, maybe we're able to bring Jason Vega or Alex Hall back into the fold, but I wouldn't count on that. Turner and Anderson at DT with Jake Thomas subbing in works perfectly for me. While DE is a complete free for all, Mainor probably has the upper hand going into camp based on seniority, but both positions are completely up for grabs unless Hall or Vega returns.

Linebacker gets tough, as I don't want to take Parker or Ian Wild off of the field for any situation, I probably start Wild while Parker subs in as a DI and of course I still want Henoc and Dunn as my other linebackers

For the secondary, Washington has one half back spot locked down, while Sears and Stewart probably go into camp as the starting two corners but are definitely going to be pushed by some new players. I'm probably letting Suber walk and bringing in someone else to play halfback, safety is played by Jovon Johnson if hes willing to take a pay cut and if we can fit it in with the ratio. If not, we'll have to let Cauchy and Sherman battle it out, which would make safety the one position that isn't solidified

Renaud can come back to punt, but Sandra is another player I don't bring back next year. I'm asking Palardy to return before bringing Sandro back, but I'll at least bring him into TC just in case the new kicker craps the bed. 

Last but certinaly not least, I do whatever it takes to make sure Wade Miller is handling the business side of things and NOT the football side of things. Unrealistic? Probably. But this is what would happen in my ideal world going into next year.

For all those wanting Dickenson as HC, he has never had to handle adversity in his coaching career, Calgary has been a cake walk, just something to consider.

Neither has Chris Jones. He's been DC in Montreal, Calgary & Toronto. Then there's Argos HC Scott Milanovich who had AC as his qb along with Marc Trestman's system. Jim Barker's provided him with talent & he done well. That's all the Bombers have to do. Follow Toronto's lead & draft well & provide their new HC with talent... Oh wait. ;)

Neither has Chris Jones. He's been DC in Montreal, Calgary & Toronto. Then there's Argos HC Scott Milanovich who had AC as his qb along with Marc Trestman's system. Jim Barker's provided him with talent & he done well. That's all the Bombers have to do. Follow Toronto's lead & draft well & provide their new HC with talent... Oh wait. ;)

lol, for a minute there you had me.

First step for the organization is to hire a GM in the week after the Grey Cup.  Walters will lead the transition team and take on the position of assistant GM/director of Canadian scouting.

Here's what I'd do up to the Ottawa draft as a GM:

Step 1- Hire a head coach with strong management abilities.  I don’t want a guy who is going to call the offensive plays or insist on a certain style of offence or defence.  I want a guy who can manage a strong coaching staff (and attract those coaches) and players. 

Step 2- Give the head coach the necessary resources to put together his coaching staff.

Step 3- Offer the Argos our 3rd round pick in 2014, 1st round pick in 2015 (conditional on Collaros signing a contract with the Bombers) and Max Hall for Zach Collaros and Trevor Harris.

If they refuse, I counter with our 1st pick in 2014, 3rd round pick in 2014, 1st in 2015 (conditional) and any import player they want off our roster or neg list for their 1st pick in 2014, 5th round picks in 2015 and 2016, Collaros and Harris.

Step 4- Protected Lists:

Import-

Collaros

Sears

Washington

Wild

Anderson

Jones

January

Denmark

Turner

McAdoo

Woods

NI-

Muamba

Greaves

Kohlert

Labbe

Swiston

Watson

Next 7 (we get to protect 6 after Ottawa picks one from this group):

Etienne

Thomas

Poblah

Pencer

Renaud

Fitzgerald

Volny

I didn’t protect Neufeld because I think his contract and broken leg will shoo Ottawa away, or take a bad contract off our hands.  I don’t care a whole lot about Ottawa not targeting free agents, the only guys Ottawa won’t take are guys with legitimate NFL prospects this off-season IMO.  If we don’t protect free agents we won’t have anyone to protect.

First step for the organization is to hire a GM in the week after the Grey Cup.  Walters will lead the transition team and take on the position of assistant GM/director of Canadian scouting.

Here's what I'd do up to the Ottawa draft as a GM:

Step 1- Hire a head coach with strong management abilities.  I don’t want a guy who is going to call the offensive plays or insist on a certain style of offence or defence.  I want a guy who can manage a strong coaching staff (and attract those coaches) and players. 

Step 2- Give the head coach the necessary resources to put together his coaching staff.

Step 3- Offer the Argos our 3rd round pick in 2014, 1st round pick in 2015 (conditional on Collaros signing a contract with the Bombers) and Max Hall for Zach Collaros and Trevor Harris.

If they refuse, I counter with our 1st pick in 2014, 3rd round pick in 2014, 1st in 2015 (conditional) and any import player they want off our roster or neg list for their 1st pick in 2014, 5th round picks in 2015 and 2016, Collaros and Harris.

Step 4- Protected Lists:

Import-

Collaros

Sears

Washington

Wild

Anderson

Jones

January

Denmark

Turner

McAdoo

Woods

NI-

Muamba

Greaves

Kohlert

Labbe

Swiston

Watson

Next 7 (we get to protect 6 after Ottawa picks one from this group):

Etienne

Thomas

Poblah

Pencer

Renaud

Fitzgerald

Volny

I didn’t protect Neufeld because I think his contract and broken leg will shoo Ottawa away, or take a bad contract off our hands.  I don’t care a whole lot about Ottawa not targeting free agents, the only guys Ottawa won’t take are guys with legitimate NFL prospects this off-season IMO.  If we don’t protect free agents we won’t have anyone to protect.

Who is your choice for head coach?  You gave a good example of what you want the coach to be, you just didn't say who.

Also just curious if you have an idea of what kind of contract, dollarwise, you would offer Collaros.

I don't wanna be the GM anymore.....

SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!

But, but I DON'T WANNA!!!!!!!

Well o.k., I would not hire Khari as HC, I would not bring back Burke in any role.

Rook Pres/Cod, HC and GM= Disaster imo.

I would also not purchase any tickets or merch, as GM I am not paying for the next round of buyouts.