Final weekend...meaningless...

Mark H.

So...we're into the last week of the season...none of the games matter any more...

The East is set, none of the teams will change position, win or lose

The West is closer, but Saskatchewan holds the tie breaker against BC. Even if they both finish 11 - 7 (which is possible) play off positioning will not change.

Meanwhile in Winnipeg: the end has come...at last.

I dont think it would be as big a PR nightmare as people thing.  I think sites like this dont represent the fanbase at large.  I think a lot of people like Burke and respect him as a coach (one of the best DC's in the league) and feel the talent is more of an issue than the coaching.

With that being said, ofcourse they have to fire him.  But I wouldn't be *that* surprised if they didnt.  And as much as people here would lose their minds, a winning season next year would end all of that.

I dont think it would be as big a PR nightmare as people thing.  I think sites like this dont represent the fanbase at large.  I think a lot of people like Burke and respect him as a coach (one of the best DC's in the league) and feel the talent is more of an issue than the coaching.

With that being said, ofcourse they have to fire him.  But I wouldn't be *that* surprised if they didnt.  And as much as people here would lose their minds, a winning season next year would end all of that.

Those are the people who just blindly parrot what they read in the newspapers and since the papers are all so keen to bash Mack and shelter Burke (presumably because they like Burkes lack of ability to filter his comments to the media) But keeping Burke on would be a disaster no matter how you slice it because this team will never win with Tim Burke as head coach and losing teams don't fill the stadium. 

Any creedence to Burke being a "one of the best DC's in the league" shouldn't count for jack when determining if he should return or not, especially when when he is possibly THE WORST HEAD COACH IN THE LEAGUE.

I will be tuning in to the final game.  I want to see something, anything, any glimmer of hope that next year will be better.  

Maybe Burke can just call in sick for the final game... I'll chip in and pay for the doctor's note.

So we have a very talented team with a terrible coach?  Because I dont think a talented team would lose with Burke as coach.  Call me crazy.

Please name one player who has improved under Burke's watch.

Exactly.  Even crappy players can show some sign of improvement when they have a good coach.  This team is showing none.  Why would you want to play for someone who bashes you all the time?

Denmark improved as the year progressed.

Max Hall improved as the year progressed.

Muamba.

Jade.

This team is not a total loss.

Denmark, no.

Max Hall, yes.

Muamba and Jade ... those are raw first round picks who start with a base of what is basically zero. Of COURSE they're going to improve.

What about our imports?

if not for the last couple weeks Denmark was the prime example of a guy who was destroyed by these coaches. Remember how in his rookie year he was seen as the next best rookie behind Chris Williams? And how this year everyone was ready to cut the guy cause he just wasn't getting it done? 

if not for the last couple weeks Denmark was the prime example of a guy who was destroyed by these coaches. Remember how in his rookie year he was seen as the next best rookie behind Chris Williams? And how this year everyone was ready to cut the guy cause he just wasn't getting it done? 

It's obviously a combination of things for our disaterous season. Appropriate blame can be evenly distributed among the many levels of the organization, top to bottom, bottom to top for different reasons but ultimately sharing the same outcome. But to have some fun, simply moving Calgary's entire management/coaching staff over to us, I still don't know if that would have got us into this year's post season with our existing starting and practice roster.

He is my thoughts on Denmark this year - He either didn't fully understand, or buy into whatever offensive system Crowton started us with.

It showed, and perhaps that lack of understanding/buy-in hurt him more than just not performing well within the system (he didn't get what he was really supposed to be doing / didn't think it made sense and that resulted in not going at 100% of his full effort)

Once we got MB as our OC Denmark made a pretty marked turn around in his play.

I doubt it is coaching affecting Denmark as much as I think it is having a system he understands and believes will work.

Denmark improved as the year progressed.

Max Hall improved as the year progressed.

Muamba.

Jade.

This team is not a total loss.

Denmark, no.

Max Hall, yes.

Muamba and Jade ... those are raw first round picks who start with a base of what is basically zero. Of COURSE they're going to improve.

What about our imports?

By the same reasoning you use for Muamba and Jade... I would argue Max Hall started with a base of basically zero, in understanding how to play QB in the CFL.