Akeem Foster

gbill2004

I just don't understand why we'd play him in the slot either.

Foster should be at the wideout spot opposite MSW/Kelly, instead they do exactly what we did to Bowman a couple years ago and play him in a spot that accentuates his inabilities. He's not more than average as a wideout either, but he's doing far below average in the slot.

Foster should be at the wideout spot opposite MSW/Kelly, instead they do exactly what we did to Bowman a couple years ago and play him in a spot that accentuates his inabilities. He's not more than average as a wideout either, but he's doing far below average in the slot.

Really seems like someone somewhere got enamoured with his size and potential ability to block that they figured he was a natural at slotback... I want Etienne back cause at least Etienne hangs onto the ball when it comes to him. 

Really seems like someone somewhere got enamoured with his size and potential ability to block that they figured he was a natural at slotback... I want Etienne back cause at least Etienne hangs onto the ball when it comes to him. 

me too .... he is just coming into his own ... other teams can see this too .... this is what I hate about Burke's judgment

Foster is a good player for Ottawa

I don't know I think he is being properly used.  You look at his success in BC and he was always catching the ball over his shoulder on the run.  He's more of a deep threat guy, and we're getting him to run 5-10 yard hitch patterns.

Plus it's a new offence for him.  I don't think he is a bust, just yet.

I don't know I think he is being properly used.  You look at his success in BC and he was always catching the ball over his shoulder on the run.  He's more of a deep threat guy, and we're getting him to run 5-10 yard hitch patterns.

yeah the new offence excuse doesn't fly when you have trouble hanging onto the ball. If you can't catch then you're not much of a receiver. 

yeah the new offence excuse doesn't fly when you have trouble hanging onto the ball. If you can't catch then you're not much of a receiver. 

That's what they said about Adarius Bowman.

That's what they said about Adarius Bowman.

...and Kamau Peterson.

I wouldn't say it's an excuse but it's more of an adjustment for him. It's not time yet to throw in the towel.

The problem still remains with Akeem Foster that he has already dropped more balls than young Etienne and still he gets in the lineup.

I can't imagine how Etienne must feel towards Burke/Winnipeg when he sees this occurring.

It's decisions like that that drive the fan base crazy and one of the reasons to keep calling for his departure.

That would be sometime on Sunday, Nov. 3, when our next season actually begins.

I like how people are all glamorizing wally letting a player go as in that every move he makes is gold.

Forget not that Wally traded for Buck Pierce!!!! Why isn't anyone bringing up the fact that a gm actually would trade for a guy who is beyond washed up.

Look how bad Pierce has looked in BC!

Foster sucks but hey at least we gave it a shot, saved some cash and moved on from a real poor player weighing the team down.

oh no one is complaining about bringing Foster in, just leaving him in when he's not really doing much of anything except dropping the ball. Just cause they traded Pierce for him doesn't mean he should keep getting chances ahead of guys who have been here all year and not dropped so many passes. 

I like how people are all glamorizing wally letting a player go as in that every move he makes is gold.

Forget not that Wally traded for Buck Pierce!!!! Why isn't anyone bringing up the fact that a gm actually would trade for a guy who is beyond washed up.

Look how bad Pierce has looked in BC!

Foster sucks but hey at least we gave it a shot, saved some cash and moved on from a real poor player weighing the team down.

I haven't really seen much of Buck in BC.  Even with Demarco crapping the bed, they refuse to pull him in favour of Buck or Elliott.  Which speaks volumes for both of those guys.

The problem still remains with Akeem Foster that he has already dropped more balls than young Etienne and still he gets in the lineup.

I can't imagine how Etienne must feel towards Burke/Winnipeg when he sees this occurring.

It's decisions like that that drive the fan base crazy and one of the reasons to keep calling for his departure.

That would be sometime on Sunday, Nov. 3, when our next season actually begins.

I don't think Etienne's balls have dropped yet either...:)

Put Foster and Poblah in a paper bag, reach in and pull out your hand. What do you have? Nothing .....or maybe you dropped the bag.

yet watch both of them go into a system with another team that knows how to utilize them and they start to light it up.  When I see Adarius Bowman catching everything that comes near him I just shake my head.  That guy couldn't catch a cold with us.  Also - watching Lapo gush about the "creativity" of other teams' offences on TSN really makes me wretch.  He was so vanilla on offence it was just plain sad to watch.

Bowman still is the same player..get him deep and any sort of double coverage and he can't catch crap. Get it to him quick on a quick slant and he's great at getting YAC.

Disagree.

He's been very consistent this year in Edmnoton.

watching Lapo gush about the "creativity" of other teams' offences on TSN really makes me wretch.  He was so vanilla on offence it was just plain sad to watch.

True.

It's like an awakening for LaPo.

What? You can be creative and effective too?

Put Foster and Poblah in a paper bag, reach in and pull out your hand. What do you have? Nothing .....or maybe you dropped the bag.

yet watch both of them go into a system with another team that knows how to utilize them and they start to light it up.  When I see Adarius Bowman catching everything that comes near him I just shake my head.  That guy couldn't catch a cold with us.  Also - watching Lapo gush about the "creativity" of other teams' offences on TSN really makes me wretch.  He was so vanilla on offence it was just plain sad to watch.

Bowman was the same with the Riders as he was here. IIRC Bowman was  great his first year here - it was after that when he got the dropsies. With the number of games he's missed with injuries for the Esks, he's messed up his scheduled so the return of the dropsies should be back next season unless he's been cured.