Akeem Foster

gbill2004

They tried to make Bowman the deep threat on the team here... He sucks at that and still does....

Lapo tried to make him Jason Tucker, he had trouble tracking the ball on one set of routes on the tree and they kept trying to force that corner route until they destroyed his confidence in that offence entirely.  Bowman makes lots of plays on deep balls, did here, in Regina and in Edmonton now. 

Maybe the BB know what they have in Etienne and want to evaluate Foster at game speed so they can make an Etienne vs. Foster expansion draft decision?

Why evaluate FAs for the expansion draft? We won't be protecting them and for good reason

You keep saying that but it's not necessarily true.

Maybe the BB know what they have in Etienne and want to evaluate Foster at game speed so they can make an Etienne vs. Foster expansion draft decision?

Why evaluate FAs for the expansion draft? We won't be protecting them and for good reason

You keep saying that but it's not necessarily true.

That's why we protect Henoc ... still Ottawa has said they won't select FA's and why would they pick bargaining rights for anybody except superstars

I expect with Ottawa's brand new team starting from scratch the bidding wars in February will be furious compared to most years ... drafting FA's will make that worse for Ottawa, not better

maybe but theres to be a ton of interest, some heavy in Henoc once FA hits... trading anything for exclusive rights to sign for a shorter and shorter time frame seems dumb to me.. kids gonna listen to as many offers as possible, especially with his ****** of an agent..

Foster did not dress in BC for a reason, i just cannot see why he is playing here.The only reason could be, we traded to get him and we don't want egg on our face.

sadly I think your kinda right.. i imagine they are playing him to show him off to ottawa in hopes they like what they see.. if not, cut or traded I would assume will happen with what ive seen since the trade..

I would suggest that the Mike Riley trade was made on the basis that a Edm had permission to talk to Riley and a contractual agreement was in place. Given Henoc's agent and his possible desire to go south I doubt that would happen in this situation. He wants to be a pure FA and will wait.