Ottawa Redblacks

I just hope that means the Stamps ditch the black helmet & black pants & go back to being red & white. The black helmet was a Lyle Bauer initiative totally ignoring the team's past. It'd be like the Bombers went to white helmets. Just stupid.

Yeah, it's nice. But CFL football  has failed twice in Ottawa. Something like the wrong name can really screw it up & get the team off on the wrong foot. They've already lost a generation of fans.Skepticism reigns supreme.

If anyone can make it go in Ottawa, it's Jeff Hunt.  He's got a really solid reputation there from all his years of owning the 67's, which gives the team a lot of credibility out of the gate.  Especially considering that crappy ownership -- the Gliebermens, Bruce Firestone, Horn Chen -- was the major thing holding the old Ottawa CFL teams back. 

If anyone can make it go in Ottawa, it's Jeff Hunt.  He's got a really solid reputation there from all his years of owning the 67's, which gives the team a lot of credibility out of the gate.  Especially considering that crappy ownership -- the Gliebermens, Bruce Firestone, Horn Chen -- was the major thing holding the old Ottawa CFL teams back. 

Add Brad Watters to that list.

I don't think Brad Watters was a bad owner per se but he was underfunded. he didn't have the resources to run the team properly. I seem to remember he was a buddy of one of the former Commissioners so he convinced the BOG to grant Watters a franchise. Or something similar to that.

Sorry but being a 20 year old kid, there is no way I could cheer for a team called the redblacks. It's flat out embarrassing, I think they dropped the ball on this one.

Bad start for a franchise that really needs to get things right this time.

Sorry but being a 20 year old kid, there is no way I could cheer for a team called the redblacks. It's flat out embarrassing, I think they dropped the ball on this one.

Bad start for a franchise that really needs to get things right this time.

If you lived in and were from Ottawa, and have been dying for a CFL team to come back since the moment they left, you probably wouldn't care too much about what they were called.  You'd probably just be happy to have a team back again.

I don't get why it's the 'Rouge et Noir' in French - similar to Laval's team name - and not Red and Blacks in English.  I can understand why in the logo you might not want the word 'and' in there for style purposes, but it would make more sense if that was their name.  Maybe they should just generally be referred to as Ottawa for the most part.  I think the name could be better, but it errors on the side of simplicity, which is good.