Main Camp - Day Five Observations

Mike

-- Henoc Muamba and Isaac Anderson both on the field today, but not participating in drills. Seems minor.

-- No fights ........ yet

Its gonna get hot out. I could see tempers flare up again (unless burke addressed it this AM) 

I was there for the last 30 minutes or so, didn't get to see all that much.

First team offence was Pierce, Simpson, Denmark, Poblah, Watson, Adams and McCree.  According to Ken Wiebe, Chris Matthews left with back spasms but it's not that serious.  Fitzgerald appears to have the inside track on the #1 fullback job.  Will Ford was also getting some reps in with the #1 offence.  The defence looked pretty much as you would expect with Muamba out.... Parker, Labbe, McGee at LB and Jovon, Hefney, Suber, Stewart and C. Muamba in the secondary.  The defence was definitely flying around out there.  No fights while I was there, but they weren't in pads and there were no linemen in the skelly period.

Washington intercepted Goltz on a play where the receiver (McCree?  Kennedy?  Not sure which) fell down after some good coverage.  I saw Massey catch a nice long ball in the endzone from Chase Clement.  The more I see of Brett Carter the more I think he's going to stick around in some capacity.

The more I see of Brett Carter the more I think he's going to stick around in some capacity.

I watched him play for the Rifles, and he's a clutch receiver with great hands.  It's tough to make the jump from Junior to Pro though.   The BC Lions and the Saskatchewan Roughriders both have arrangements with local junior teams that allow a few junior players to play for their junior club, but practice with the main club.   It would be fantastic if the Bombers could do this with Carter.   (That's how BC protected Andrew Harris, while developing his skills in practice with the main team).

I watched him play for the Rifles, and he's a clutch receiver with great hands.  It's tough to make the jump from Junior to Pro though.   The BC Lions and the Saskatchewan Roughriders both have arrangements with local junior teams that allow a few junior players to play for their junior club, but practice with the main club.   It would be fantastic if the Bombers could do this with Carter.   (That's how BC protected Andrew Harris, while developing his skills in practice with the main team).

i think we have to sign Carter as a teritorrial exception to protect him and he will be the 8th guy on our PR

Yep.

I was able to see him on the first day of rookie camp.  He made a very nice diving catch.

I have not been able to make it to any more practices since then.  What is the story with him, how is he performing against the vets. What kind of shot does he have to crack the roster? If he did, that would be some kind of story!

WR Isaac Anderson out... knees and back :( ...   according to Wiebe

Dominoes falling

Oh, well at least we will have a chance what the others can do

Gah, hope hes ok.  That would suck if its anything lengthy as he has looked real good. 

Meh, injuries are ALWAYS going to happen in camp.

Doesn't seem like a big deal, nothing serious (other than Dicroce) yet.

Edmonton, on the other hand, already lost their starting RT (and nominee for MOL in 2012) for the year.

Hopefully its nothing serious with Anderson.

Why McGee? Or are we all missing something?/

Sometimes I think that during training camp they'll give a guy an opportunity, but if he doesn't step up he'll be one of the next cuts.  Just throwing that out there.

Edmonton, on the other hand, already lost their starting RT (and nominee for MOL in 2012) for the year.

Yea true.. We lost a kid who may or may not have made the team.. where as EDM is now dealing with a gaping hole on their end..  hope we dodge anything serious such as that *knocks on wood*

I do hope that Mathews isn't a recurring type back injury.. 

Sometimes I think that during training camp they'll give a guy an opportunity, but if he doesn't step up he'll be one of the next cuts.  Just throwing that out there.

yup. could easily be a "crap or get off the toilet" type scenario.. give him some rope to see if he climbs up or hangs himself..

Add K-Groh on that

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/06/06/krausnick-latest-eskimos-offensive-lineman-to-go-down-at-training-camp/