Kicking ourselves in the bum!

BigBlue

I never quite understand the CFL's board of governors. They seem overcautious and like to slough off responsibility on the Commissioner, even as they hog-tie him. And now, the new reality is that we live off TSN revenue, so they have a big silent paw in everything...

1. So who really is in charge of the decision-making in our league?

2. When we make up special rules to control Chris Jones having too many coaches, do we think about the subsequent consequences?

Yes the bean counters are trying to stay in control especially as attendance drops. But part of the reason attendance is dropping is the fan experience is not as good because high-quality coaching is no longer affordable. How many decision-makers have clarity on this?

3. What can be fixed immediately is rules application in terms of roughing the passer. The NFL has fixed their problem. We have not. The quality of the game is totally dependent on having the best possible quarterbacks on the field. Why can't our powers-that-be understand that?

Almost every quarter back injury I can think of is mostly coming from aggressive linebackers and "careless" linemen. If our zebras would just constantly throw the flag that would help, a lot. To tickle the quarterback with a feather should be 15 yards, no questions asked and no appeal. Defensive players should be in control as if they were approaching the quarterback in practice wearing that red jersey.

Does that turn us into pansies? You think TSN would be more concerned about high-quality games than occasionally having a highlight reel full of nasty hits on the most important player on the field. We have turned around the big hits on unprotected receivers in the middle of the field. It was just a matter of will.

What should we think as fans? If there is one roughing the passer, make it a 25 yard penalty. If there is a second roughing the passer, make it an automatic game ejection. Add follow-up fines. If we do this we wouldn't be using third string quarterbacks so frequently. Is this worth the cost?

4. Do we as fans use the power we have? I am not saying organize and revolt. I am saying that we don't even know we have power! Who wants to use it?

Then we might have a real Labor Day classic with both sides having a chance. I do not know anything about the Riders backups... This should be a real rivalry that would be if their starter was in. I love football and I want a lot more people feeling like I do about our fantastic  game!

10 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I never quite understand the CFL's board of governors. They seem overcautious and like to slough off responsibility on the Commissioner, even as they hog-tie him. And now, the new reality is that we live off TSN revenue, so they have a big silent paw in everything...

2. When we make up special rules to control Chris Jones having too many coaches, do we think about the subsequent consequences?

Yes the bean counters are trying to stay in control especially as attendance drops. But part of the reason attendance is dropping is the fan experience is not as good because high-quality coaching is no longer affordable. How many decision-makers have clarity on this?

3. What can be fixed immediately is rules application in terms of roughing the passer. The NFL has fixed their problem. We have not. The quality of the game is totally dependent on having the best possible quarterbacks on the field. Why can't our powers-that-be understand that?

Almost every quarter back injury I can think of is mostly coming from aggressive linebackers and "careless" linemen. If our zebras would just constantly throw the flag that would help, a lot. To tickle the quarterback with a feather should be 15 yards, no questions asked and no appeal. Defensive players should be in control as if they were approaching the quarterback in practice wearing that red jersey.

Does that turn us into pansies? You think TSN would be more concerned about high-quality games than occasionally having a highlight reel full of nasty hits on the most important player on the field. We have turned around the big hits on unprotected receivers in the middle of the field. It was just a matter of will.

What should we think as fans? If there is one roughing the passer, make it a 25 yard penalty. If there is a second roughing the passer, make it an automatic game ejection. Add follow-up fines. If we do this we wouldn't be using third string quarterbacks so frequently. Is this worth the cost?

4. Do we as fans use the power we have? I am not saying organize and revolt. I am saying that we don't even know we have power! Who wants to use it?

Then we might have a real Labor Day classic with both sides having a chance. I do not know anything about the Riders backups... This should be a real rivalry that would be if their starter was in. I love football and I want a lot more people feeling like I do about our fantastic  game!

This sounds like you propose anarchy. CFL fans unite. You have nothing to lose but your games.

16 hours ago, BigBlue said:

giphy.gif