Game 33: at Bahhhhhston

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Be happy with a single point the next 2 days. 

So much this. Playing two great teams and the Jets are so banged up. Np way Helle is 100% yet. If they get a single point, it'll be a miracle. 

Samberg with two brutal Defensive lapses tonight leading to breakaways and Hellebuyck has bailed him out both times. Can’t make those kind of mistakes at the NHL level, especially in Boston. 

Cheap penalty on Srenlund. Gets tripped and his stick flies up as he tumbled to the ice and clips the Bruin. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

28 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

KFC has a glorious chance to tie it. Probably didn't realize he had a little more time

This was exactly my thought... He didn't realize how alone he was and how much time he actually had. So close. 

Considering how banged up they are, the Jets had no business being in this game. If they can sneak a point out of Washington somehow, call the whole trip a win. 

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This was exactly my thought... He didn't realize how alone he was and how much time he actually had. So close. 

Considering how banged up they are, the Jets had no business being in this game. If they can sneak a point out of Washington somehow, call the whole trip a win. 

That frikkin gift goal though........pisses me off.

Hellebuyck is considered one of the top goalies in the NHL & yet he gives up way too many of these shitty goals & they are momentum killers. Every damn time. Fans today say that goalies today are better than their counterparts from years ago but I don't believe it. I watched the NHL since I was a kid. There's absolutely no way goalies like Dryden, Cheevers, Esposito, Meloche, Bower, Giacomin, Hall, Plante, Sawchuk, Crozier gave up so many bad goals so often. Those guys could go years without giving up garbage goals like that. But today's NHL is all about 6'5 inch goalies that flop around on their knees trying to block shots with their oversized pads only to get beat high on the stick side. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hellebuyck is considered one of the top goalies in the NHL & yet he gives up way too many of these shitty goals & they are momentum killers. Every damn time. Fans today say that goalies today are better than their counterparts from years ago but I don't believe it. I watched the NHL since I was a kid. There's absolutely no way goalies like Dryden, Cheevers, Esposito, Meloche, Bower, Giacomin, Hall, Plante, Sawchuk, Crozier gave up so many bad goals so often. Those guys could go years without giving up garbage goals like that. But today's NHL is all about 6'5 inch goalies that flop around on their knees trying to block shots with their oversized pads only to get beat high on the stick side. 

Playing devil's advocate?

The quality of shots in today's NHL - is much higher.  I mean, the number of pucks Gretzky others bounced in from behind the net - was ridiculous

32 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Playing devil's advocate?

The quality of shots in today's NHL - is much higher.  I mean, the number of pucks Gretzky others bounced in from behind the net - was ridiculous

Rewatching old games whenever I watch NHL Classics and it's insane at how low the level of talent the NHL had back then in comparison to today.   It's almost silly at how loosey goosey and how unstructured the game was in the 80's and before.    It would explain why people could easily put up 100 points and have gaudy numbers.