3 stars plus hh holy cow

wbbfan

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He had a stacked team in calgary as a DC. Including Alex Singleton. Easy to look great as a DC when your D is primarily made up of all stars like it was when he was with the Stamps. Claybrooks was ordinary to subpar when he became HC of the Lions. 

Some guys are just better as coordinators.  To be fair he didn’t build the Stamps roster but he also helped them thrive, as opposed to hold them back.  In BC it wasn’t Claybrooks who hamstrung the team with a $800’000 qb salary.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

On 2022-07-16 at 4:27 PM, Eternal optimist said:

Yeah I gotta say it is a little embarassing when you see our Oline giving the universal stfu signals.

Loudest fans? Sure. Timing not always on point though.

**** I I didn’t even see that. That’s dumb if they’re making noise on offence. I’ll watch for it next game! 

On 2022-07-16 at 5:37 PM, BigBlueFanatic said:

Some guys are just better as coordinators.  To be fair he didn’t build the Stamps roster but he also helped them thrive, as opposed to hold them back.  In BC it wasn’t Claybrooks who hamstrung the team with a $800’000 qb salary.

You watch how hamstrung they will be next year when Nathan Rourke wants ZC typr salary of a half mill a year. How many of their FA's will stick around. They built their team to win this year with Rourke making $80,000 this season. They'll be in tons of salary cap trouble next season.

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You watch how hamstrung they will be next year when Nathan Rourke wants ZC typr salary of a half mill a year. How many of their FA's will stick around. They built their team to win this year with Rourke making $80,000 this season. They'll be in tons of salary cap trouble next season.

No way Rourke makes 80 grand a year. It’s 71k. https://3downnation.com/2022/03/15/cfls-quarterback-salaries-for-2022-season/

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The Lions are lucky that Rourke is showing so much so early. They didn't build the team to win this year. They surrounded their young QB with the best talent they could afford to give him the best shot at winning.

What happens to him next yr when he has maybe one true top line reciever...and some average to middling ones....they have other guys on that roster they may wanna keep too that gonna cost them...they reaping the rewards of paying spit for a QB right now....it's a one yr shot at glory...and each game as yr goes on is going other direction for them...I still see them as 3rd place in west...maaaaybe 2nd....but they are flawed just as much as anyone...and need to take advantage of this yr...question is...can they....also he needs to learn to put touch on his throws....some of his misses, INTs and reciever drops is due to him thinking he needs to throw 99 mph fastballs at all instances....don't care who u are as a reciever but getting short range bullets fired at u...or tougher passes at Mach 1 are more often than not misses...deflections of recievers..many of which end up in ints

2 hours ago, Booch said:

What happens to him next yr when he has maybe one true top line reciever...and some average to middling ones....they have other guys on that roster they may wanna keep too that gonna cost them...they reaping the rewards of paying spit for a QB right now....it's a one yr shot at glory...and each game as yr goes on is going other direction for them...I still see them as 3rd place in west...maaaaybe 2nd....but they are flawed just as much as anyone...and need to take advantage of this yr...question is...can they....also he needs to learn to put touch on his throws....some of his misses, INTs and reciever drops is due to him thinking he needs to throw 99 mph fastballs at all instances....don't care who u are as a reciever but getting short range bullets fired at u...or tougher passes at Mach 1 are more often than not misses...deflections of recievers..many of which end up in ints

Next year he’s holding a clipboard in an nfl camp imo.