Around The NHL 2020/21

JCon

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:
Apparently as part of the deal he is forbidden from playing with footballs again.

On a more serious note, can he be the next Perreault?

So score 4 goals in one game and then disappear for 25 more games and then have a hot streak for a week and then go cold for the rest of the season?  All while getting minor injuries through out the season?

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So score 4 goals in one game and then disappear for 25 more games and then have a hot streak for a week and then go cold for the rest of the season?  All while getting minor injuries through out the season?

This is why Perreault is expendable.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

45 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Hmm. I thought to myself, just like the CFL.

I love Bob but he's been pumping Ambrosie for weeks. 

Fact is the NHL played during the pandemic is what has been a model for other leagues.

The Canadian Premier League planned and played a season (THE CPL!!!!!!).

MLS is playing their season. 

The NBA finished their season. 

The NFL is playing but is totally screwed because they didn't do a bubble. 

MLB did a bubble and it worked.

The CFL did nothing and has no plan. But, we can still talk about the international players. 

$$$$$

Still come down to a matter of $. Besides the fact that the CFL didn’t really know what they were dealing with, there was no direction, nor examples on how to proceed.

It’s really unfortunate, but without $ and backing, we stood little chance of seeing CFL football this year.

They can get rid of Ambrosie if they want but...we’re in next year territory, and it might be our last chance.

The only comparable is the CPL, and even then, I'd bet CFL had way more players in the States that they needed to get across the border. At the end of the day, the CFL just doesn't have enough money and their business model, flawed as it is, won't work with no fans in the stands. I'm really disappointed that they couldn't figure something out from March to July, but I hold out hope that they'll get something figured for 2021. If not....there could be big problems.