2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Ravens are setting the passing game back 50 years. How can a guy that can't throw be the NFL MVP? Ravens are ugly offensively. 

these old coachs should go. two of the coaching relics ruined vick, and robert griffin.

the new run pass qb probably all wish they were in kansas city.

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

these old coachs should go. two of the coaching relics ruined vick, and robert griffin.

the new run pass qb probably all wish they were in kansas city.

Greg Roman is doing Lamar Jackson no favours by running 5 straight running plays to start the game. Ponderous offense. The Ravens were done at 10-3 in the second quarter & it was over.  Jackson will never develop playing there. He's up for a new contract & if he can he should leave. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

37 minutes ago, Bombers9256 said:

i actually heard from Jay Glazer that he did not in fact have a concussion at all and that the player basically choked him out by accident... 

That was actually my initial thought watching the game. There was very little contact to the head, but the defenders arm hit the side of Mahomes neck very hard and wrapped around as they went down. Isnt' there a vein in the neck that even a slight blocking can cause you to go unconscious? 

My only question is why wouldn't he have come back after that?

Edited by Bigblue204

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That was actually my initial thought watching the game. There was very little contact to the head, but the defenders arm hit the side of Mahomes neck very hard and wrapped around as they went down. Isnt' there a vein in the neck that even a slight blocking can cause you to go unconscious? 

My only question is why wouldn't he have come back after that?

according to Glazer he didn't come back bc spotters/trainers thought it was a concussion at the time as he appeared to knock his head and was very wobbly. he was apparently vociferously arguing to get back in. as for the vein i think it's the jugular. so i think spotters/trainers were maybe overreacting to how he presented immediately after the hit; i suspect if they had known he had basically been choked out and not concussed, they would've let him back in. caveat: i'm not a doctor so maybe when you get choked out you appear to have symptoms more similar to concussion...

On 2021-01-18 at 9:57 AM, Jpan85 said:

You put Watson on Chiefs and he is doing everything Mahomes is.

Meh...

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

also my info is you can have a concussion without contact.

Kurt Warner video showing that Lamar gets no help at all from the offensive play designs . I would add that he had no time whatsoever, o line was awful.

It's been a crappy offense under Greg Roman. No surprise. 

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Mathew Stafford has asked to trade from the Detroit Lions, Vikings rubbing their hands with glee as they love overrated qb's

I'll defend Stafford just like Watson.....  the man has produced on some absolutely awful teams and some of the absolute worst coaches and gms ever seen in the league.    

I'm just not sure about his health at this point so I can't see the Lions getting a huge return for him.   

As a 49ers fan... I'll take Stafford no questions asked.