Covid-19

JCon

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

It would create even more panic in the short term. At this point, a change in leadership cannot un-ring the bell on the disaster that he has caused. 

Apparently, Trump is so unhinged he wants to fire the head of the Federal Reserve, Jay Powell. So you tell me if he's a stabilizing factor.

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Apparently, Trump is so unhinged he wants to fire the head of the Federal Reserve, Jay Powell. So you tell me if he's a stabilizing factor.

I think Trump is going to do a lot more harm than good going forward but the markets would completely implode if he got severely sick or died. 

19 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Part of me wants to find out.

Well hey if you want someone to get sick and die that’s on you. But you would be expecting everybody to be rational investors in a time of crisis. And that won’t happen. For example, just this morning the first circuit breaker for the stock exchange flipped for the second time this week. And the worst is yet to come.

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Well hey if you want someone to get sick and die that’s on you. But you would be expecting everybody to be rational investors in a time of crisis. And that won’t happen. For example, just this morning the first circuit breaker for the stock exchange flipped for the second time this week. And the worst is yet to come.

And who was the President when this happened? I don't think Warren Buffett is necessarily hoping Donny hangs on.

23 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

And who was the President when this happened? I don't think Warren Buffett is necessarily hoping Donny hangs on.

You are making the assumption that the entire market collapse is on trump? That’s how I understand it. If that’s what you think then fine, but there are many more factors then one president. Like production and demand and outside forces. And in regards to warren buffet, I don’t think it matters too much to him to who is president.

9 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

You are making the assumption that the entire market collapse is on trump? That’s how I understand it. If that’s what you think then fine, but there are many more factors then one president. Like production and demand and outside forces. And in regards to warren buffet, I don’t think it matters too much to him to who is president.

I think we actually agree, but it's Trump who thinks he's responsible for the markets when he's not.  I don't think his literal incapacitation would be a really negative thing.

14 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I think we actually agree, but it's Trump who thinks he's responsible for the markets when he's not.  I don't think his literal incapacitation would be a really negative thing.

I would have to disagree with this part. Investors would react irrational to world news like this.