Covid-19

JCon

43 minutes ago, Tracker said:

But did you see the thousands and thousands of people at the NFL playoff games? With few masks in evidence.

I actually had a disagreement with a Packer fan on twitter who insisted that there were only 8,500 fans at Lambeau Field. I said it was more like 28,500 & he kept insisting it wasn't. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

40 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I actually had a disagreement with a Packer fan on twitter who insisted that there were only 8,500 fans at Lambeau Field. I said it was more like 28,500 & he kept insisting it wasn't. 

Attendance was announced at 7772, but there was more than that in the stadium

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Two people were arrested during the Packers-Buccaneers NFC Championship game at Lambeau Field.

Green Bay Police say four people were ejected for “various fan conduct violations.” They did not elaborate.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department transported one person to a local hospital.

Attendance for the game was 8,578. The Packers allowed 6,500 season ticket holders to attend the game. They also invited frontline health care workers.

Action 2 News reported last week that Green Bay Police added more officers to Lambeau Field for the NFC title game because of behavior at the Divisional Round game the weekend before. Most of those complaints were about people failing to comply with masking orders and alcohol-related issues.

Copyright 2021 WBAY. 

Edited by bustamente

18 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Attendance was announced at 7772, but there was more than that in the stadium

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Two people were arrested during the Packers-Buccaneers NFC Championship game at Lambeau Field.

Green Bay Police say four people were ejected for “various fan conduct violations.” They did not elaborate.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department transported one person to a local hospital.

Attendance for the game was 8,578. The Packers allowed 6,500 season ticket holders to attend the game. They also invited frontline health care workers.

Action 2 News reported last week that Green Bay Police added more officers to Lambeau Field for the NFC title game because of behavior at the Divisional Round game the weekend before. Most of those complaints were about people failing to comply with masking orders and alcohol-related issues.

Copyright 2021 WBAY. 

Anyone watching that game could see there was way more than 7700 or 8500, whatever the "announced" figure it was. Crazy the packers could get away with what they did by packing nearly half the stadium. But at the same time, I don't know what the Covid restrictions are for outdoor events in Wisconsin. I would think that the team violated State health laws. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Anyone watching that game could see there was way more than 7700 or 8500, whatever the "announced" figure it was. Crazy the Packers could get away with what they did by filling nearly half the stadium. But at the same time, I don't know what the Covid restrictions are for outdoor events in Wisconsin. I would think that the team violated State health laws. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Too cold to go out to get tested?

At last! We are down to double-digits!

But...................

A new coronavirus strain discovered in Los Angeles may be behind the surge in cases there

Newly mutated strains of the novel coronavirus spotted around the world — such as the ones ravaging the United Kingdom and South Africa — are spurring fear they could become dominant here in the U.S., too. Now, Americans have a newly homegrown strain to worry about — and public health experts suspect that it could have been the cause of southern California's most recent surge.

Recently, U.S. scientists were searching for signs of the UK coronavirus variant, known as B 1.1.7, in California when they stumbled upon something different. Coronavirus strain B 1.1.7 has a transmission rate that is 50 to 70 percent greater and may be more deadly, which has prompted studies to see how much it has infected the US population. Yet while looking for B 1.1.7, scientists stumbled upon a novel strain that has peculiar mutations, which is now being dubbed CAL.20C. According to a paper published by researchers at Cedars-Sinai, that has yet to be peer-reviewed, the new SARS-CoV-2 strain appeared to account for at least 36 percent of COVID-19 cases in the Los Angeles area and 24 percent in southern California in December 2020. That correlates with a huge surge in coronavirus infections in southern California at the time. 

"After an analysis of all of the publicly available data and a comparison to our recent sequences, we see a dramatic growth in the relative percentage of the CAL.20C strain beginning in November of 2020," the researchers wrote in the paper. "The predominance of this strain coincides with the increased positivity rate seen in this region."

A new coronavirus strain discovered in Los Angeles may be behind the surge in cases there | Salon.com

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Too cold to go out to get tested?

I'm speaking from experience on this one.  They very likely did mass testing in known clusters in the Northern region & now those are all complete

Covid can really wreak havoc in a communal living situation, but it is also easier to identify and control, once you know it is there.

With cases already dropping in the Winnipeg region, this was bound to happen, sooner rather than later. 

The rest of this week will tell the tale...

https://people.com/human-interest/son-polio-vaccine-creator-jonas-salk-covid-vaccine/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=601201f66800350001adc36f&fbclid=IwAR16V5N1bKotdvC_09jtDlttN_OqKojTXvAsJJN9t5gQu9gNREEMm-DtoCs

the description in the link doesn't tell the whole story, the son of the Polio Vaccine creator got the COVID Vaccine, hell before his father died he was working on a vaccine for AIDS, and he actually spoke to Fauci on the phone about it