Grey Cup packages?

Jerry1377

19 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Definitely newer adds.

Hmmm.... Interesting. 

Question for those out in the YYC... 

I'm thinking about driving out with my son. I would drive out Saturday and drive back on Monday. 

There are much cheaper, decent hotels out near the airport. Since I would only be going to the game, I would need to get from the airport area to McMahon on Sunday and then back to the hotel. I would likely want to take an Uber or whatever. Is this feasible? Or would trying to get across the city be too crazy. I would try to leave early for McMahon on Sunday and not try to rush back after the game. 

Thoughts or suggestions? I would fly but that would add a ton of costs and doesn't work well with our extracurricular activities. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Hmmm.... Interesting. 

Question for those out in the YYC... 

I'm thinking about driving out with my son. I would drive out Saturday and drive back on Monday. 

There are much cheaper, decent hotels out near the airport. Since I would only be going to the game, I would need to get from the airport area to McMahon on Sunday and then back to the hotel. I would likely want to take an Uber or whatever. Is this feasible? Or would trying to get across the city be too crazy. I would try to leave early for McMahon on Sunday and not try to rush back after the game. 

Thoughts or suggestions? I would fly but that would add a ton of costs and doesn't work well with our extracurricular activities. 

it's a long way, but not the worst from up there.

This city is just massively spread out. I have no idea what an Uber would cost. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

calgary transit is good for getting people downtown and back to the burbs. cross city stuff is a pain in the ass. I mean it's possible, but it'll take a long time. 

I was just checking some hotels along the C-Train line. According to the good people at Calgary Transit, it would take approximately 35 minutes from the hotel to get to McMahon. So, double that because it's transit and an hour for cheap transport isn't too bad. Even if we wanted to Uber it part way then hop on the C-Train, that's not too bad. 

So here's the plan you want: 

-From airport, Uber to Calgary Zoo. 

-Hop on the Ctrain at the Zoo (approx $4 per person) 

-At the downtown station, you'll switch trains to the Stadium train

-Stadium train takes you right up there. 

There will be a ton of football fans (my crew likely among them) doing exactly this so you'll be able to follow the crowd when switching trains. 

Really simple way to get to and from... Enjoy!! 

Hi Bomber fans

I've got one or two tickets to sell.  Regarding Kijiji -  I can't get my ad posted on Kijiji. My ads get filtered out immediately. I am not sure how others do it but they are not up for long and they get taken down.

As mentioned, I have one or two tickets to sell (both are my season ticket seats). Preferably I would sell one and keep the other for myself.  But am willing to sell both and buy a different seat for myself.

They are section F, row 51 (the 47 yard line).

The Ticketmaster price is $401. 

Willing to sell the first one for $350 and the second one for $400 (so I can buy a similar seat for myself - makes sense?)

Ticket / cash money exchange would happen in person in Calgary. I am willing to travel anywhere in Calgary to complete the deal.

Send me a personal message if you are interested.

If in Calgary for Grey Cup have fun !  The Grey Cup party is mostly happening at Stampede Park - indoors and outdoors. There is also some stuff at the stadium Friday and Saturday night and most of Sunday.

Edited by YYCGreyCup

12 hours ago, JCon said:

I was just checking some hotels along the C-Train line. According to the good people at Calgary Transit, it would take approximately 35 minutes from the hotel to get to McMahon. So, double that because it's transit and an hour for cheap transport isn't too bad. Even if we wanted to Uber it part way then hop on the C-Train, that's not too bad. 

I'm up in airdrie just North of Calgary and it honestly takes about 30 minutes to drive to McMahon. From one of the airport hotels definitely not more than 30 minutes and probably a 10 minute walk when you get there. Tons of parking in the nearby communities but if you aren't renting a car, definitely Calgary transit will be the easiest. Feel free to message me if you need directions. 

I'm going and have a line on a couple tickets from a coworker but dont know if I'll do better. Section W higher up row 63 for $150 a piece all in. Thoughts?