3 stars plus HH

wbbfan

Like I said...seems to have the makings of a good safety...even boundary corner with his closing speed and pretty sure tackling...perhaps with him and Jones on the roster is the reasoning why the coaching staff didn't seem too concerned with an extra import DB dressed as a DI.

Jones btw way played the dime and did very well there too..

52 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I was one of those posters questioning the lack of a DI spot on a DB but have to say I was wrong.

Seems like the plan was to use derek jones as the dime, hense starting hecht as well as him rotating with hecht. Which worked out great. And as jpan commented, when kyrie went down we saw a lot more of that set which worked great. 

A big reason why we are able to pull that off as well is Hallet but especially Exume. Exume may well end up being the steal of the draft. 

If Kyrie is down for any length of time though I think we need to look hard at bringing in an imp Lber. Though Kongbo is listed as a Lber on the roster. Its possible if he gets healthy he could fill a tweener role.  

and that first year we took over we sucked and he had games where he put up over 30 points but we lost due to an atrocious defense...so his record could be even better..as well as his obvious playing hurt season last year where it really affected his play..

2 hours ago, Booch said:

and that first year we took over we sucked and he had games where he put up over 30 points but we lost due to an atrocious defense...so his record could be even better..as well as his obvious playing hurt season last year where it really affected his play..

In his presser today the media got him talking about passing yards and he said something to the effect of, “I’m not sure why people are so obsessed with 300 yards passing. I care about winning and I’m pretty good at that.” I enjoyed the little bit of confidence/arrogance there. He’s 100% correct. 

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

His golf back spin punt near the centre of the field was not exactly good timing.

I was afraid that’d turn into a typical Bomber “are you effing kidding me?” moment with Castillo recovering the punt. So happy that wasn’t the case. 

3 minutes ago, O2L said:

In his presser today the media got him talking about passing yards and he said something to the effect of, “I’m not sure why people are so obsessed with 300 yards passing. I care about winning and I’m pretty good at that.” I enjoyed the little bit of confidence/arrogance there. He’s 100% correct. 

Yeah I liked that too..also something about they are concerned with points on the board and if they are running for 150 yards they dont need the big passing numbers