Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's relatively speaking of course, but in terms of NHL D, I would definitely say Trouba doesn't have high hockey IQ. I also personally think he's got a work ethic problem. Laziness and not that smart are a bad combo. 

Work ethic was a red flag on his scouting report I think 

send him back to bogo 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's relatively speaking of course, but in terms of NHL D, I would definitely say Trouba doesn't have high hockey IQ. I also personally think he's got a work ethic problem. Laziness and not that smart are a bad combo. 

And yet he'd be a first pairing shut down D on the majority of teams. 

Dion Phaneuf was usually a first pairing D - but Trouba ranks well ahead of him in terms of defensive zone play.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And you know this how? 

Well the scouting report on him says his hockey IQ was not one of his strong suits. I think when u look at a guy like Morrissey or even Niku and compare what they do to Trouba its even more obvious. Also just listen to him talk. Hes a good D man, his hockey IQ is just lacking tho. He makes lots of dumb decisions like Myers, another low hockey IQ guy. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

And yet he'd be a first pairing shut down D on the majority of teams. 

Dion Phaneuf was usually a first pairing D - but Trouba ranks well ahead of him in terms of defensive zone play.

Sure. Hes a strong guy in the D zone. Hes a great shutdown D. But his instincts are poor. First pair shutdown D on one of the worst D zone teams in the league. 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, pigseye said:

Paul Maurice outcoached by Craig Berube, a guy who had zero hockey IQ as a player. This should be at the top of the Jets list before anything else. 

in 1992 I did a human resources project for my university class and my group chose the Calgary Flames, because they were all Flames fans (not me, but as a hockey fan, I went along with it).  I was assigned two players to interview, Mike Vernon and Craig Berube.  Berube at that time was Calgary's goon.  He was very polite to interview.  When I asked him what his post-hockey plans were, he said that he wanted to take over his dad's butcher shop in Calahoo, Alberta.  Now when I see him behind the bench for St. Louis, beating our Jets, I wish that he had stuck to that plan.

10 hours ago, pigseye said:

Paul Maurice outcoached by Craig Berube, a guy who had zero hockey IQ as a player. This should be at the top of the Jets list before anything else. 

In fairness it's not like St Louis stumbled into the play offs.   The team responding and were beating everyone once he took over.  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

In fairness it's not like St Louis stumbled into the play offs.   The team responding and were beating everyone once he took over.  

In game 2 he split up Schwartz Schenn Tarasenko. Jets had no answer. Schwartz scored st louis last 4 goals in the series. 

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Maurice is the worst situational coach in hockey, he has been his entire career, can't match lines, can't effectively juggle lines, has no feel for the game, doesn't know when to put out his best face off players at crucial times in a game, doesn't even know how to properly use a time out or challenge.

On 2019-04-28 at 11:03 AM, pigseye said:

A coach's hockey IQ when they were a player is definitely relevant. It's why Gretzky is also considered the greatest coach ever.

26 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Honestly, I'm not too far behind you. Might check scores, won't be watching any games. 

was there just a game tied O all after three periods, and went two overtimes? Hustler and R.R. said is was dump, chase, fight along the boards.

Not interested in the NHL playoffs now anyway, but who could watch that?  Player's family and friends.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

was there just a game tied O all after three periods, and went two overtimes? Hustler and R.R. said is was dump, chase, fight along the boards.

Not interested in the NHL playoffs now anyway, but who could watch that?  Player's family and friends.

Hustler and RR must not have been watching cuz that was an incredible 0 0 game.. More back and forth. Goalies were outstanding... That was the best 1 0 game ive ever seen. 

Edited by Goalie