JETS TRADE: Get Hayes, Hendricks, Beaulieu

Paul Maurice after seeing the Jets trades today (excluding Hayes)...

Maurice: You cheap son of a *****. Are you crazy? Those guys are idiots!
Chevy: I got a good deal on those boys. Scout said they showed a lot of promise.
Maurice: They brought their ******' toys with 'em!
Chevy: I'd rather have them playing with their toys than playing with themselves.
Maurice: They're too dumb to play with themselves! Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the league, you gotta buy it.

Matt Hendricks first time back in the Jets locker-room after the trade:
MH: How's it going, Patrik?
Patrik Laine: I'm drunk.
MH: Nah.
PL: I'm not bullshittin' ya. Got stinkin' ****-faced on the bus, Sanna left me, and that son of a ***** over there keeps playin' me, when he knows I'm ****-faced.
MH: Geez, I'm really sorry.
PL: Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

Prior to today, we were very young, much younger than last year (Stastny, Hendricks, Enstrom, Mason all replaced by younger players)    Now with Hendricks back and the addition of Hayes, we have more mature team.    I think overall we had a decent day, and we are a better hockey club than we were yesterday.     

Last year I was speaking with some business associates in Edmonton, and they were saying how much losing Hendricks hurt their team, as they lost a "go to" guy in the locker room.   They went on to explain that while McDavid is a phenom on the ice, they also needed that locker room guy who's been through it all to talk to.  The NHL is full of guys in their mid-twenties with the pressures of that age, compounded by the travel, fame, and public recognition.    I don't know how a 28 year old, expecting his first child, could go to a 20 year old captain for off-ice advice.   It can be tough to go to a coach as it is a bit of an admission that you aren't handling things well.    A seasoned vet, who isn't the captain or star player, can provide some sage advice for real life problems.   I think the Hendricks add, given it's low cost, was a good one.

1 minute ago, Jaxon said:

Prior to today, we were very young, much younger than last year (Stastny, Hendricks, Enstrom, Mason all replaced by younger players)    Now with Hendricks back and the addition of Hayes, we have more mature team.    I think overall we had a decent day, and we are a better hockey club than we were yesterday.     

Last year I was speaking with some business associates in Edmonton, and they were saying how much losing Hendricks hurt their team, as they lost a "go to" guy in the locker room.   They went on to explain that while McDavid is a phenom on the ice, they also needed that locker room guy who's been through it all to talk to.  The NHL is full of guys in their mid-twenties with the pressures of that age, compounded by the travel, fame, and public recognition.    I don't know how a 28 year old, expecting his first child, could go to a 20 year old captain for off-ice advice.   It can be tough to go to a coach as it is a bit of an admission that you aren't handling things well.    A seasoned vet, who isn't the captain or star player, can provide some sage advice for real life problems.   I think the Hendricks add, given it's low cost, was a good one.

Someone on Twitter said the Jets were still the youngest in the league but Hendricks just skewed that.

Hayes? Lost in all the Stone talk.. Good for Vegas giving them a soon to be number 1 D..., but.. Jets are loaded with Wingers with Vesa on the way also... So.. Center was priority.. Hayes is a good 2 way guy. Solid move. 1st and 4th liner. No niku vesa samberg etc? WIN!!

The depth D moves? Beaulieu has better metrics than both Chia and Morrow.. Bogdan is more of a very very good defensive d man... Hes not gonna wow u tho.. But hes D first d man. All the time really. He picked Florida over us this off season coming over from Russia. Could be a huge steal. 

Petan for Swedish Petan? Wow noone was even offering a 7th rd pick? Yikes.  

Hendricks for 7th... 100 percent a dressing room signing. Something is off in the room, this to me seems like Maurice cant motivate the boys anymore ( hes been here a while, all coaches get tuned out) but Maybe having Hendricks in it helps... Hes a good lockerroom guy. He better not play tho. That would be dumb. 

Oh.. Alex Broadhurst from COLUMBUS... Ok? I guess maybe hes moose bound? 

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He's counted in it. 

Jets avg age was 25.8 which was the youngest. 

Now, its oldest lol.. Hendrix bumps it up significantly

No, without Buff, we're 25.8. Without Buff but with Hendricks, we're 26.3. 

With Buff, Hendricks and without Niku, we're 26.7.