Demand for Compensation

do or die

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What if I told you we’ve won more games in the CFL than any other team in the past three seasons except for Calgary? I get we fell short.. but we need to re tool not blow it up. 

What if I told you that Calgary went to the Grey Cup every year in the past 3 and we only won 1 playoff game? No one is suggesting blowing it up.

27 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

What if I told you that Calgary went to the Grey Cup every year in the past 3 and we only won 1 playoff game? No one is suggesting blowing it up.

I’ve heard some pretty crazy suggestions... obviously we need to take that next step but I swear 1990 is in the back of everyone’s mind, and all that does is hurt this team long term. 

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’ve heard some pretty crazy suggestions... obviously we need to take that next step but I swear 1990 is in the back of everyone’s mind, and all that does is hurt this team long term. 

More than the horribly inept series of coaches and GMs that we've had?

45 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I would say it's simply unfortunate to be in the same division as Calgary. 

I get that people get stupid because of 28 years, but this regime is on the right track so everyone needs to be patient.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I get that people get stupid because of 28 years, but this regime is on the right track so everyone needs to be patient.

Calgary beat us once in those three years, so no, that's not the problem.

The only folks who are talking about 28 years are those who are preaching patience. That's where the stupidity lies.

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What exactly is your point? That was then.. this is now. Thinking of the past only kills us long term. 

You broached the subject of 1990. My point is that the reason we were so bad for so long is that there were a bunch of bad hires and passivity on the part of the fans. There are multiple examples in the CFL of teams being turned around (or started from scratch) and becoming successful in a couple of years, so the current Bomber regime is running out of excuses. The Bombers were in very sad shape, financially and talent-wise for much of that time, but winning one playoff game in five years is hardly a stunning success.

On 2018-11-19 at 11:06 AM, do or die said:

If you cant win....drink gin

Sold, I'm willing to give gin a try even though from past experience it seemed to be a rather uninteresting fluid.  Any gins you can recommend worthy of drinking straight up or over ice?  Maybe a rhetorical question, but are you a swiller or a connoisseur?

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I personally think the "28 years" effects only the fans... I don't any of the players care the we haven;t won the whole thing in a long time (maybe other than Andrew Harris)... all they care about is winning now

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To get a bit serious here. I read a tweet from a fan after the game Sunday who said the Bombers really aren't interested in winning.  He used Mike Reilly & BLM  as examples by saying the Bombers would never sign them if they were free agents by sticking with Nichols.  Management only wants to make money. What do you guys think? I'd hate if this is the case as the fans deserve better. 

That was the knock on the Maple Leafs for years. Don't see the Bombers in the same light. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Not the most empathetic line for lifelong Bomber fans. We've heard more than once 'This regime is on the right track'. 

Obviously we wish success for Miller and company but don't say we get stupid because of 28 years with no cup, that's absurd.

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I personally think the "28 years" effects only the fans... I don't any of the players care the we haven;t won the whole thing in a long time (maybe other than Andrew Harris)... all they care about is winning now

You're right and that's why some players can't relate to our impatience because, on average, they have a short lifespan with this organization. It's not a criticism at all against the players but them understanding it would go along way.