Montreal at Ottawa - Pre-season

Mr Dee

ALOUETTES AND REDBLACKS

What to watch for: 

Kyries Hebert playing his former team

Drew Willy and Matthew Shiltz vying for #1 QB spot

Trevor Harris

Noel Thorpe..and his new Ottawa Defence.

Big-ticket free agent signing Loucheiz Purifoy is in the starting lineup at SAM linebacker, while the REDBLACKS are also ready to unleash the former Riders pass-rushing duo Jonathan Newsome and A.C. Leonard.

Jamaal Westerman will not play for the Als, but marquee defensive back signings Tommie Campbell and Mitchell White will, as will former first overall pick and middle linebacker Henoc Muamba.

-second overall pick Trey Rutherford will play

CFL.CA Staff

Should be an..interesting game

Edited by Mr Dee

9 hours ago, Zontar said:

I gather Davis was unremarkable in WPG ?

Never accomplished anything here but never really got much of a chance.  Over 3 years he was 33/54 for 377 yards, 0 TD and 0 INT.  If we hadn't signed Durant, I'm sure Davis would probably still be here.  But at the end of last season, he lost the backup job to Dan LeFevour after Davis went 7/12 for 82 yards in relief of injured Nichols, so that tells you what our coaches thought of him.

Edited by Atomic

48 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Can’t say any QB in that game really looked that good.  Davis looked more comfortable but he’s also in his 4th CFL camp.

At the end of last season with us he was paralyzed in the pocket.  Couldn’t get through his reads and get rid of the ball.

It wasn't disastrous though.  After having him on the roster for two years, I still don't get the rationale behind benching him so quickly for LeFevour.  At least give him some time to shake out the nerves.  LeFevour wasn't even good.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It wasn't disastrous though.  After having him on the roster for two years, I still don't get the rationale behind benching him so quickly for LeFevour.  At least give him some time to shake out the nerves.  LeFevour wasn't even good.

Yeah it was a dumb decision because Lefevour looked worse in the same game Davis struggled in, including throwing one of the most brain dead interceptions I have ever seen. Clearly they decided right then and there that they were going in a different direction at qb this season, but we all know how that worked out.