NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

I assume that Toby will be taking a massive pay cut next contract... Way to brittle and soft.

I think its up to Toby.. He really likes it here..similar to Sweden where hes from.. Euros love it... But there was some chatter he might want to go home to Sweden after this contract. I see a guy who gets injured more often than not now tho... For 1 to 2 million? Yeah I'd bring him back... Because despite a couple peoples opinions... He is better than Chiarot and IMO hes still the 2nd best LHD we have... Yup. Better than Kulikov even.. Toby excellent in his own end and makes a great outlet pass. 

Guy is underrated a bit by some but my guess is its highly likely he goes back home to Sweden cuz the guys been injured lots the last couple years plus his GF is battling cancer so.... Yeah. Think he goes home. 

26 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yep. I think he's done. WTG Chiarot.

Chiarot has had about 2 weeks of decent play.. But reality is... Hes a great guy to have sitting in the pressbox... You should have 3 better D than Chiarot and the Jets do... Thats why when JoMo Toby Kuli were all healthy.... Ben sat.. Cuz hes not as good as the other 3. 

Chiarot's been better than just the last two weeks. He's stepped up admirably since the injury bug bit the left side and has logged some heavy minutes. Since the ASG break, he's played 25 games and has 2 goals and 7 assists, is +14 and has averaged nearly 16 mins. of ice-time. He's not going to dazzle offensively, but in his own end he's performed very well for a considerable stretch of time.

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think its up to Toby.. He really likes it here..similar to Sweden where hes from.. Euros love it... But there was some chatter he might want to go home to Sweden after this contract. I see a guy who gets injured more often than not now tho... For 1 to 2 million? Yeah I'd bring him back... Because despite a couple peoples opinions... He is better than Chiarot and IMO hes still the 2nd best LHD we have... Yup. Better than Kulikov even.. Toby excellent in his own end and makes a great outlet pass. 

Guy is underrated a bit by some but my guess is its highly likely he goes back home to Sweden cuz the guys been injured lots the last couple years plus his GF is battling cancer so.... Yeah. Think he goes home. 

I agree.  People here often form a life-long opinion based on one bad play.  Not saying he's only made one bad play.  Every player makes bad plays.  But Toby takes a lot of heat.  Plus, if you're small, you're already hated by a segment of fans.

My impression was Toby likes it here and the Jets like Toby.  Clearly, he's not making $5+ next contract but if they came up with something easy.  Realistically, if toby leaves, they are looking for another LHD anyway.  So if they re-sign him at a good rate, whats the problem?

The only concern is health.  If he's in the plans as the #2 or even #3 LHD, he has to be healthy more than he's not.

Regardless, Chiarot is playing very well and you have to pat Morrow on the back too.  We're missing half our starting D corp right now and still winning.

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Chiarot's been better than just the last two weeks. He's stepped up admirably since the injury bug bit the left side and has logged some heavy minutes. Since the ASG break, he's played 25 games and has 2 goals and 7 assists, is +14 and has averaged nearly 16 mins. of ice-time. He's not going to dazzle offensively, but in his own end he's performed very well for a considerable stretch of time.

He was good last season too.  Took a bit of time to get back up to speed this season after spending most of his time not playing.  He's solid.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I agree.  People here often form a life-long opinion based on one bad play.  Not saying he's only made one bad play.  Every player makes bad plays.  But Toby takes a lot of heat.  Plus, if you're small, you're already hated by a segment of fans.

My impression was Toby likes it here and the Jets like Toby.  Clearly, he's not making $5+ next contract but if they came up with something easy.  Realistically, if toby leaves, they are looking for another LHD anyway.  So if they re-sign him at a good rate, whats the problem?

The only concern is health.  If he's in the plans as the #2 or even #3 LHD, he has to be healthy more than he's not.

Regardless, Chiarot is playing very well and you have to pat Morrow on the back too.  We're missing half our starting D corp right now and still winning.

I have been quite critical of Enstrom at times.  To play defence in the NHL at his size there is not much margin for error.  In the past there has been too much error.

This season has been a lot better.  Even if he isn't physical, he has had sound body and stick positioning when defending.  He just hasn't been healthy.

This season he's been our 2nd best defenceman on that side.  The Jets are better with him in the lineup and hopefully he's ready for the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, mbrg said:

This season he's been our 2nd best defenceman on that side.  The Jets are better with him in the lineup and hopefully he's ready for the playoffs.

I haven't noticed as many errors/just plain giving up on the puck in his own zone like in prior years,  however I don't like Toby in the playoffs.  At least not in the first three rounds where we are going to be grinding it out against teams like Nashville and San Jose.  In the finals vs. Pittsburgh or Tampa or Boston, ok, get Toby back in there because now it's about speed and puck handling instead of slamming heads into the boards.

Semyon Varlamov of the Colorado Avalanche will be out for the rest of the season because of a lower-body injury.

Brandon Carlo of the Boston Bruins was taken off the ice on a stretcher midway through the third period of a 5-1 win against the Florida Panthers on Saturday. The 21-year-old defenseman went down awkwardly along the boards by the Zamboni entrance at TD Garden at 10:28 of the period with what appeared to be a lower-body injury.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Chiarot is one of the nastier guys on the Jets. Sometime in the last few games he flattened an opponent at the other team's blueline, took the puck, took a shot, and the rebound shot was a goal.

He's also stopped taking dumb penalties, and sometimes losing control of the puck in his own end. and he has a hell of a slapshot from the blue line. He makes guys pay in front of the Jets net.

Maurice has been saying for couple of years that Ben is a good NHL defenceman.

But I think the whole defence came together cause of Buff. 

Edited by Mark F

49 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Stamkos done for the season? because usually if a player is taken off the ice on a stretcher that's bad news

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693240-steven-stamkos-exits-predators-vs-lightning-with-lower-body-injury

Where did you read he was stretchered off the ice?  He was in 2016 when he broke his leg.  Haven't seen any reference to the stretcher for this injury.