Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Toby gone you're saving 5m right there.

I don't see anyone in the Jets org replacing Mason as backup though. We've seen the Brick play.

Toby money goes to morrissey. Then u got Trouba helle lowry armia copp then wheeler laine connor. Yeah.. Gonna have to get rid of more than Toby. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Copp, Armia might be the guys who go eventually if Trouba, Morrissey, Helle, Liane, Connor, Rosolovic etc all get reupped.

You have to move out some legit really money tho. Copp Armia combined maybe 4 5 million max.. That's nothing... 

Myers perreault Kulikov Mason = like 20 million almost. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

You have to move out some legit really money tho. Copp Armia combined maybe 4 5 million max.. That's nothing... 

Myers perreault Kulikov Mason = like 20 million almost. 

And they need to be replaced. That can be done through the farm system but you're not saving the full $4-5 Million. 

Mason seems like an obvious one but you’d need someone willing to take him. If you have to retain salary plus replace him it’s not worth it. He’s still a good goalie. 

Plus I think the jets likely hope to manage helles minutes and you need a bonafide back up to do that.  Can’t assume Comrie can handle that. 

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Mason seems like an obvious one but you’d need someone willing to take him. If you have to retain salary plus replace him it’s not worth it. He’s still a good goalie.

Not sure if teams want to take chance on guy who had 2?3? concussions in a single season.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not sure if teams want to take chance on guy who had 2?3? concussions in a single season.

Why not? Hes a legit starter on a pretty decent 1 year deal... Look at the list of UFA goalies... They are crap. Mason is good when healthy. He had a tough year but reality.. Hes a starter on a few teams in the league. Buffalo. NYI. A few others for sure. 

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think Hutch is gone.  Last year was all about playing for a chance at a real shot with another team.

For sure and I dont think he loved his role with the Jets so he wouldnt want to return anyway.  But to me, if you can 1) move Mason without retaining and 2) get a veteran back-up for $1 million, you save a few bucks.  But if you're going to move Mason and down-grade your back up position to save one or two million, might as well just keep him and have that luxury at that position while seeing if Comrie can develop into a suitable back-up in 2019.

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pretty damn tough for anyone on the Moose to make the team right now.

Im curious if they qualify everyone.  I'd assume they would and that doesnt preclude them making other deals.  Someone else can correct me if Im wrong but these second contract guys would need waivers, unlike this past season, so you take a risk with guys like Petan if you dont think he can make the Jets, but you have to waive him to the Moose.

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im curious if they qualify everyone.  I'd assume they would and that doesnt preclude them making other deals.  Someone else can correct me if Im wrong but these second contract guys would need waivers, unlike this past season, so you take a risk with guys like Petan if you dont think he can make the Jets, but you have to waive him to the Moose.

U can Pressbox him or trade him eventually. 

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Nope move on from Little..he has lost a step.. 

Lol. No he hasnt. Hes just not good with laine and ehlers and neither was Stas in the playoffs. Little is 2 years younger than Stastny. Man ppl overrate Stastny big time