Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

45 minutes ago, iHeart said:

why is hoffman a troublemaker too?

or do they have some kind of history? but apparently I missed the part where he got sent to the Panthers

You also missed the part where Hoffmans fiancee is an online bully pile of crap

32 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Hes well aware of what she did. He does not deserve better. 

yeah, standing by your gf/wife is one thing.  But based on all the statements by other WAGS, its obvious this was not a secret.  Either she's innocent (which seems unlikely) or Hoffman at BEST decided his gf viciously attacking a team mate and team mate's wife was okay, at WORST he was an active participant.  Either way, it looks really bad on him.  This is HIS job and for him to stand by while his gf did this...its pretty shocking.  He should be happy any team even wants him.

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like we are being used as leverage there. Colorado has a ton of cap. 

Maybe.  If anything, the Jets wont have much wiggle room in an offer to Paul so Im not sure there is much leverage there.  Its interesting that this flies in the face of the idea he was absolutely going back to St Louis though.

Some idle speculation is Colorado wanting Karlsson or gearing up for an offer at Tavares.  So their cap space, while significant, could be ear marked for other moves.  Of course, when I last checked, they only had $2 million more space but didnt have to sign all the guys we have to sign.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

you mean an off season thread? I guess july 1st

Full 18/19 season

27 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

After draft i think.

I think I started it two years ago on July 1st.  Last year...I think we had an off-season thread.  I dont know...I think we can use this one til Canada Day and then an 18/19.  But I guess whomever starts it first wins lol

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Full 18/19 season

I think I started it two years ago on July 1st.  Last year...I think we had an off-season thread.  I dont know...I think we can use this one til Canada Day and then an 18/19.  But I guess whomever starts it first wins lol

There is no off-season :D

July 1 works for me

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like we are being used as leverage there. Colorado has a ton of cap. 

As our roster sits we can't afford what he will probably want, sure it would be nice if he chooses to stay here, but others would have to be moved, if he wants more than 4 years I say pass.