Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We checked out Firehouse Subs off of Regent this afternoon,  we stopped by at noon and the line up was 25 long so we came back an hour later.  Much more quiet at that point with only 3 customers in front of us,  it ended up taking  25 minutes to get our subs.   I assume things will speed up once staff is more experienced.   The subs just like the other location are massive in size and really tasty.  I think most people would be completely stuffed with the smaller size sub ,  it's really dense and full of meat.    

I also noticed two doors down next to Bar Burrito that a place called "Boustan" is coming soon.   Yet ANOTHER shawarma place opening up... it's funny that for years we had none and within the last 3 or so years 5 places have opened up.     When I saw the sign I thought it was a mini Boston Pizza... it had the same colors,  almost the same name,  a logo with what looked like was a pizza slice,  and a similar font.     While it's nice getting new things... I think this area is covered with enough middle eastern food restaurants.   The area could really use a Jimmy The Greek or Thai Express.  

2Bw4rID.jpeg

Tried Firehouse on Friday evening and the line was the same.  They definitely do not skimp out on the meat but almost to a fault.  It was so messy trying to keep that whole thing together.  I'll take that over not enough meat though.

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We checked out Firehouse Subs off of Regent this afternoon,  we stopped by at noon and the line up was 25 long so we came back an hour later.  Much more quiet at that point with only 3 customers in front of us,  it ended up taking  25 minutes to get our subs.   I assume things will speed up once staff is more experienced.   The subs just like the other location are massive in size and really tasty.  I think most people would be completely stuffed with the smaller size sub ,  it's really dense and full of meat.    

I also noticed two doors down next to Bar Burrito that a place called "Boustan" is coming soon.   Yet ANOTHER shawarma place opening up... it's funny that for years we had none and within the last 3 or so years 5 places have opened up.     When I saw the sign I thought it was a mini Boston Pizza... it had the same colors,  almost the same name,  a logo with what looked like was a pizza slice,  and a similar font.     While it's nice getting new things... I think this area is covered with enough middle eastern food restaurants.   The area could really use a Jimmy The Greek or Thai Express.  

2Bw4rID.jpeg

There's an Opa! at Crossroads

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

There's an Opa! at Crossroads

I've been ... it's not good :(      No lemon potatoes and  the portions are smaller and the prices are higher then Jimmy the Greek.   

On 2024-05-07 at 3:31 PM, bigg jay said:

Tried Firehouse on Friday evening and the line was the same.  They definitely do not skimp out on the meat but almost to a fault.  It was so messy trying to keep that whole thing together.  I'll take that over not enough meat though.

Speaking of Firehouse...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/firehouse-subs-firehouse-subs-appreciation-week-day-3-bogo-med-hook-ladder-sub-online-app-orders-only-2690787/

On 2024-05-07 at 3:31 PM, bigg jay said:

The wife brought home a variety of subs tonight, they are a bit pricey but all I can say is good bye Subway.

40 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/frito-lay-recall-canada-1.7203468

Frito Lay Canada recalls 2 of its most popular snacks for possible salmonella contamination. Recall applies to Sunchips Harvest Cheddar Flavoured Multigrain Snacks, Munchies Original Snack Mix

Oh, geez. The youngest was bugging his mother for ages to get him a bag of Sunchips and she relented last week. 

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The kids were pumped so we went out tonight and got them. Not bad! Nice and fruity. None of us have been murdered by Grimace yet, so that's a plus.

Ha! I'm going to stop and surprise my little one on our drive home tonight. 

Edited by JCon

11 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

The whistle dog was horrible. The McRib was way better.

The whistle dog was done dirty by the gross relish. You'd think a bacon cheddar dog was impossible to screw up.

A hotdog with real cheddar cheese, bacon, mustard, sweet onion and a slice of pickle (optional ketchup and or mayo) would have been amazing. I'm making some later today on the BBQ

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

The whistle dog was done dirty by the gross relish. You'd think a bacon cheddar dog was impossible to screw up.

A hotdog with real cheddar cheese, bacon, mustard, sweet onion and a slice of pickle (optional ketchup and or mayo) would have been amazing. I'm making some later today on the BBQ

nothing wrong with asking for it without relish

well the people that run Snak Trap have announced they are closing it's doors, well at least I don't have to make the long bus trip out there again, it's not poor business that took them down, I had been following them on facebook and they had been dealing with Burnout

Thank god we still have White Picket Fence, I really need to make a trip there again soon