Commissioner gets it right

Booch

There were a couple of times last night where O'Shea was just giving it to one of the officials on the sideline and I thought I heard him (the official) respond at one point: Do you have a second challenge?   

If I'd have been O'Shea, having had to burn my only challenge on an OBVIOUS PI, and heard that .. I'd have lost my mind.

That said, I loved the flow of the game and how defenders could actually go out and play football after both coaches burned their challenges.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Unlimited challenges but if you're wrong, 10 yard delay of game penalty.

I like this because it doesn't penalize a team that's a victimized by a ridiculous bad call ... like than non-catch in BC and last night's PI ... but I don't think it penalizes late-in-the-half desperation fishing expeditions enough.  Unless that delay of game also carries a loss of down after the 3 minute warning...

I loved the flow of the game as well after the challenges were out of the way last night. MOS was giving it to that ref all game after that  brutal non-call cost us our challenge.

I think the rule needs to be amended to allow additional challenges if you get it right. Basically the league is acknowledging when a challenge is upheld that their ref made the wrong call, or failed entirely to make the call. Either way I don't think a team should be punished if the ref is proven wrong. A failed challenge and you're done no problem.

The trouble with having multiple challenges is that it means that more marginal pi and contact calls will be turned into big turning-point plays, which is the worst. For me, challenges are about fixing obvious and glaring mistakes rather than making the game turn on chintzy calls.

I loved how the onfield officials called the second half of last night's game, once they didn't have to worry about being second guessed by Toronto. Maybe the zebras deserve some credit for knowing how to call an entertaining football game.

Edited by johnzo

The Cmon centre should be a little more.. How you say... On the ball? I mean the eye in the sky should be able to make simple calls like the PI on adams.. Where was the eye in the sky there.. Blatantly obvious. 

The 1 challenge a game is fine but the cmon centre needs to pay attention a bit more.. No excuses.. Only 1 game at a time... Thought thats what they were for. 

But Johnson is a fool and the CC dont change until hes gone. 

The commish got it half right... The next off season step is to fire Glenn Johnson and fix the bigger problem.. Incompetent officiating. 

Edited by Goalie