Bomber Blitz

BigBlue

I don't know what you all saw today bur Regina's blitz seemed to exert a lot more pressure then the Bomber blitz .... in my view I thought our blitz seemed mostly well handled and  I just feel like its anemic

Are we scheming as well as we can when we blitz?

Riders did a good job of masking the odd-man rush. Nichols said as much post-game. There were a couple of times he was dropped in the backfield where it was obvious he didn't read what was coming - or someone missed an assignment .....

Edited by Doublezero

Good push, poor discipline.  Way too easy for Glenn to step up and step out of the pocket, this probably accounted for 3/4 of their passing yards.  Contain was the big issue.  Not happy with that game from the ends.  Thought the push up the middle was great, POOP, Nevis and Thomas.  Didn't see Ekakitie on the field.

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I don't know what you all saw today bur Regina's blitz seemed to exert a lot more pressure then the Bomber blitz .... in my view I thought our blitz seemed mostly well handled and  I just feel like its anemic

Are we scheming as well as we can when we blitz?

That's one downside of going with Hurl at MLB, Bass and Wild were equally good at getting to the QB, Hurl doesn't have the speed and never quite makes it. 

I've never seen a team crush the pocket like we did last night .. and repeatedly allow the QB to escape, extend the play and throw. Glenn looked pretty pocket savvy.

Our ends really didn't cover themselves in glory ... repeated roughing the passer calls, one during the critical moment in the fourth ... and I was really surprised that Westerman didn't get flagged for a pile-on/late hit on Glenn after one of our sacks.

Loved that Jake Thomas sack, tho. 

Edited by johnzo