Solving Our Goaltender Problem

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

What?  You should know Jets fans better than that.  If we close this thread now, it will just have to be re-opened in October after he plays his fist game :) 

Rich Wins! We haven't seen him play in a Jets Jersey yet

I didn't know it was possible to reopen a thread

Edited by iHeart

• 4 weeks later...

It's all they could really do.  Only way Helle does a long-term deal would be for $4M+ and there is no way the team is doing that yet.  Helle and his agent likely believe he is a better goalie than 2.25M and will be able to show it so they take the one-year deal.

Interesting thing is if Helle only plays 30 or less games but has nice numbers where do they go next year?

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's all they could really do.  Only way Helle does a long-term deal would be for $4M+ and there is no way the team is doing that yet.  Helle and his agent likely believe he is a better goalie than 2.25M and will be able to show it so they take the one-year deal.

Interesting thing is if Helle only plays 30 or less games but has nice numbers where do they go next year?

Nice numbers would be 5 or under pulls.

Another bridge deal guessing.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

good call.. I suppose he signs a deal to what a solid backup/potential starter goalie would sign.. but I have no clue what that would be market-wise, I'm out of touch with salaries in the NHL at the moment. 

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pretty sure he led league in being pulled. Problem or not?

Yeah, the Jets from a team defense standpoint were utter trash and have been for the majority of their time since relocation. That's the problem.

Goalie hit the nail on the head.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There is no i in team but there is in goalie.

Pretty sure he led league in being pulled. Problem or not?

Thats a team problem and actually a backup goalie problem. Maurice had zero faith in hutch so he kept sending the rookie out there .. Throwing him to the wolves .. 15 20 straight games played... He was a rookie for gods sake.. Hes 24... He was a rookie who had zero support from hutch or the Team D which has been a huge problem... Advanced stats aren't the be all and end all but for 5 on 5 play... Helle was very very good. His numbers are fantastic 5 on 5... What killed his numbers actually overall was.. A couple of bad games... Thats all u remember it seems... Yet u ignore the shutouts and games we won because of him.